Policy Guidance Important to Faculty:
- Reimbursement requests should be made within 10 days of incurring the expense or completing travel.
- If requests are not made within 60 days, the amount reimbursed is tax-reportable to the IRS as income to the individual.
- The University's policy is to reimburse necessary and reasonable expenses incurred for authorized University business.
- Prices paid are to be economical; when the price paid by the individual is more than what is deemed economical (more than what the University would pay), the lesser amount will be reimbursed.
- Memo from the Provost Re: Business Meal Expense Guidance (October 2007)
- Business Meal Expense Guidance
Specific Policy on All Types of Reimbursable Expenses:
For complete information on Reimbursement at Stanford, including overviews, quick steps, policy, resources and job aids, forms, and related training, see:
- Reimbursement in the Staff section of this web site.