Gaining Access to CMS
Before you can use CMS, two things must happen:
- You must complete required training for new users:
- FIN-0180: Introduction to the Commitment Management System (CMS) – 40 min. online
- FIN-0181: Acquiring Core CMS (Commitment Management System) Skills – 3 hour lab session
- Your school / department must grant you CMS authority by Organization Code using the Authority Manager application.
What you can see and do in CMS is based on your assigned authority role.
- If you are responsible for managing and forecasting accounts you will need update authority.
- Grant "CMS Salary Update" or "CMS Non-Salary Update" privilege
- View authority (salary or non-salary) is available for anyone who might want to review CMS entries but who does not need to make changes to CMS data.
- Grant "SU CMS User" privilege
- A user's CMS view authority matches their current Oracle Financials reporting authority (i.e. ReportMart3)
If you are responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts (PTAs) you may need to request authority from additional departments.