About Expense Requests
Expense Requests is Stanford's system for expense reports, reimbursements, advances, non-PO payments, and petty cash replenishment. Expense Requests replaced iOU for Business Affairs, Human Resources, and Athletics as of October 27, 2014 and for the rest of campus in February 2015.
On this page:
- What Can I Do Within the Expense Requests System?
- What Are the Benefits of Expense Requests?
- How Can I Start Using the Expense Requests System?
What Can I Do Within the Expense Requests System?
- Submit Expense Reports to properly record travel and business-related expenses, and to request reimbursement for Stanford affiliates (faculty, staff, students, emeritus on payroll) – including reporting expenses purchased with a Stanford Travel Card.
- Request Reimbursement for Stanford travel and Stanford-business expenses incurred by non-Stanford affiliates (individuals, companies, or organizations not affiliated with the University or emeritus no longer on payroll).
- Request Advances for travel expenses (when payment by Stanford Travel Card is not an option) or to provide funds for distribution to human subjects.
- Request Non-PO Payments to pay for certain types of expenses that do not require a formal purchase order (PO), or for which negotiation by the Procurement department adds no value.
- Request replenishment for a Petty Cash fund.
What Are the Benefits of Expense Requests?
Expense Requests enables:
- Better alignment of payment methods to business needs
- Faster payment processing
- Greater system stability
- Streamlined allocation of expense lines to PTAs
- Drop-down list of appropriate Expenditure Types
- Upload capability for backup documentation
- Simplified Travel Card transaction processing
How Do I Start Using the Expense Requests System?
Visit the Access section to learn about getting access to Expense Requests.