How To: Complete a Gift Transmittal
Before You Start
- The Gift Transmittal must be initiated in Gift Transmittals before the Gift Transmittal can be completed. See How To: Initiate New Gift Transmittal.
- If you initiated the gift and are completing the Gift Transmittal, start with Step 4.
- A completed Gift Transmittal must include the following documents. Consolidating all documents into one electronic file is recommended:
- Original donor letter and/or pledge documentation for pledge payments
- Original, postmarked envelope (required at all times of the year)
- An email will be sent to the faculty member if a COI document is needed in OPACS
- Payment type information: check, wire transfer, securities, credit card payment, cash
Step 2 – Find the Gift Transmittal
Note: Upload file format must be pdf. The file names of documents for upload cannot contain special characters and blank space.
Step 4 – Specify New or Existing Account Information
The status of the Transmittal Form is changed from "Incomplete" to "In Review" and can be found in the "GIFT TRANSMITTALS IN PROCESS" section on the "Gifts Home" page.
- If you selected "Yes" or "Detailed" to certain questions in the Questionnaire section, a "Rejection Notification" window will display with the following instructions after clicking the "Save and Submit" button.
- Contact your School / Unit OSR Senior Contract and Grant Officer by first selecting "Office of Sponsor Research" from the "ORA Office" drop-down list, then your office from the "Office Group" drop-down list on the Staff Directory page of the "Research Administration" web site.
- If you have received a check, please send it to the identified officer. After the OSR Officer has received the check, it is their responsibility to investigate and initiate any required sponsored proposal or awarding procedures.