How To: Create and Upload Feeder Journals
Before You Start
Feeder Owners use the iJournals module to upload their feeder journal by using the iJournals Upload Template for validation and completion.
A feeder should only be uploaded when a file contains:
- More than 1500 transaction lines
- Salary that is not included in Labor Distribution
- Other confidential data
Uploads allow creation of the header and detail lines sections of the feeder entry in Excel.
Step 8 – Process a Feeder from Feeders Requiring Action
The Status value in the Feeders Requiring Action section reflects one of the following:
- Processing – System is validating feeder lines
- Validated – Feeder has been authorized and queued for posting
Feeders with a Status of Validated or Invalid contain a live link. Clicking the link will allow you to take action on the selected feeder. If you wish to take action on multiple feeders, refine your Status search to Validated or Invalid. See How To: Search Feeder Journals.
- The feeder journal is queued for nightly posting to the General Ledger.
- Feeder journal originators are responsible for monitoring their posted journals. Feeder journals must be authorized to post by the cut-off date each month to be included in the month's activities. See Overview: Month-End Close and refer to Month-End Close Deadlines.
- For additional help, submit a HelpSU ticket. Select Request Category Administrative Applications and Request Type Oracle Financials.
- For additional training, take FIN-0210: Introduction to iJournals.