How To: Create and Upload Feeder Journals (for Feeder Originators)
Before You Start
Feeder Originators use the iJournals module to upload their feeder journal by using the iJournals Upload Template for validation and completion.
In order to be an eligible feeder owner, you must have completed and sent to the Systems and Reporting Operations distribution list the following:
- Filled out the Annual Attestation of Feeder Responsibilities
- Received approval from Central office after submitting the iJournals Responsibility Request form requesting iJournals Feeder Owner
A feeder should only be uploaded when a file contains:
- More than 1500 transaction lines
- Salary that is not included in Labor Distribution
- Other confidential data
Uploads allow creation of the header and detail lines sections of the feeder entry in Excel.
- As of September 20th, 2014, Feeder Owners see an inactive "Approve" button instead of the "Validate and Post" button. With the new process, when a feeder is uploaded by a Feeder Owner, the feeder has to be "Approved" by the Business Process Owner. If the Business Process Owner is not available, approval must be granted from a Feeder Owner other than the one uploading the feeder.
- All feeders must be uploaded, validated, and approved by 6:30 PM in order to meet the nightly Month-End Close processing deadlines.
To approve Feeder Journals, please see How To: Approve Feeder Journals.
- See How To: Approve Feeder Journals.
- Upon approval, the feeder journal is queued for nightly posting to the General Ledger.
- Feeder journal originators are responsible for monitoring their posted journals. Feeder journals must be approved by the cut-off date each month to be included in the month's activities. See Overview: Month-End Close and refer to Month-End Close Deadlines.
- For additional help, submit a HelpSU ticket. Select Request Category Administrative Applications and Request Type Oracle Financials.
- For additional training, take FIN-0210: Introduction to iJournals.