How To: Enter Expense Report / Reimbursement Request in iOU
Before You Start
Make sure you have access to iOU.
Gather required information and documentation in preparation for entering the expense report in iOU:
- Ensure that the expenditure(s) meets University policy by reviewing: Policy Notes: Reimbursable Business Expenses.
- Review iOU Reimbursement Request Checklist to ensure request meets procedural and documentation requirements.
Step 6 – Complete Travel Card Charges
If the Payee of the request has an outstanding advance, at this point you will be prompted to clear one or more advances.
Backup documents are required for any line items $75 or more.
- Receipts and back up documents are electronically attached to iOU transactions using a standard fax machine.
- The bar code sheet can be reprinted in the future to fax additional documents if necessary. To reprint the bar code page, click the "Reprint Barcode" button on the bottom section of the Transaction Review page.
- Transactions requiring backup documents will not be routed to an approver until documents have been faxed in and electronically attached. If the backup documents are not received and the originator has indicated that backup documents will be attached, the iOU system will send an email within 24 hours indicating that documents have not been received.