How To: Initiate Check Request in iOU
Before You Start
You may use check requests to make payments directly to human subjects, honoraria payments to speakers, royalty payments and payments to suppliers that do not require a purchase order, such as organizations for dues and subscriptions and conference registration.
Step 2 – Select Request Category and Complete General Information
* The Honoraria category is used for direct "token" payments made to non-Stanford employees, usually for speaking at a conference or forum.
* The Human Subjects category is used for direct payment to human subject participants.
* The Conference Registration category is used for payment directly to a conference.
* The Miscellaneous – Employee Training category is used for payment directly to an organization for an employee's training. This may include actual training or the materials necessary for the training.
* Dues & Subscriptions, used for payments directly to an organization for publications or dues to professional organizations.
* Miscellaneous – Gifts, used for direct payment for purchase of a gift.
* Miscellaneous – Moving & Temporary Living, used for direct payment of interview or moving expenses related to hiring a new employee.
* Miscellaneous – Other, used for items eligible for payment but not covered by any other category.
* Miscellaneous – Postage, used for payments made directly to the U.S. Postal Service for items such as stamps or adding funding to postage meters.
* Miscellaneous – Refund, used for payments made directly to a payee to refund all or a portion of a payment to the University.
* Miscellaneous – Tuition Grant Program, used to pay tuition for the children of SU employees.
* Royalties, used for direct payment to recipients of royalties from Stanford Press and the Office of Technology Licensing.
Step 5 – Complete Approver Routing Information
- The request is routed to the approvers according to the configuration of the routing list.
- After approval, payment is issued by Travel and Reimbursements Department.