How To: Approve or Reject a Purchase Requisition
Before You Start
Individuals with PTA approval authority receive an email notification that an approval on a requisition is pending.
Approvers review the requisition to ensure:
- the expenditure is reasonable, necessary and complies with all University policies;
- the charges are correct, allowable for the account, allocable, and properly coded;
- charges are appropriately documented and are recorded in a consistent manner; and
- funds are available in the account being charged
Step 1 – Find and Review Requisition
Note: Clicking Approve or Reject returns the screen to the Notifications Worklist.
- If the requisition is approved, the next step is dependent on the order type:
- SmartMart Requisition – The order is immediately placed with the supplier.
- Standard Requisition
- If under $25,000 and the purchase does not require a contract, Oracle assigns a purchase order number and automatically transmits the order to the supplier. The originator receives an FYI notification that the order has been placed.
- If $25,000 or more, OR if a contract is required (regardless of the dollar amount), the approved requisition is routed to Procurement for processing.
- If the requisition is rejected, it is routed back to the originator for correction. The originator can:
- change PTA information
- change approvers
- change delivery location
- add lines
- include a single/sole source justification as an attachment
- include other attachments