How To: Change a PTAE on an Approved Purchased Order
Before You Start
Be aware of the following:
- Use iJournals to change the PTA / Expenditure Type (PTAE) on past payments. Invoices already applied and paid on the PO cannot be changed with a PTAE change request.
- The PTAE change process applies to OPEN Purchase Orders. Open Purchase orders are defined as POs with future invoices expected and an open dollar amount that may be applied to your requested replacement PTAE.
- The original and replacement PTAE must be open (not a closed or on-hold account).
- PTAE changes cannot be made to line items that have been "received" in iProcurement.
- However, if the PO has not been paid, a PTAE change can be made by changing the receiving status, effectively un-doing the receiving. You must correct the receipt to zero prior to requesting the PTAE change. See How To: Correct Receiving.
If you also need to increase existing funds on an approved Standard Purchase Order, you must submit a change order via iProcurement. See How To: Change a Standard Non-Catalog Purchase Order.
Email email@example.com with the following:
- Purchase Order number
- Supplier Name
- Existing PTAE
- Replacement PTAE
- Description of what is being requested
- Your phone number
A response will be sent for change requests for SmartMart or Standard POs in 1 to 3 business days.