How To: Create a Standard Non-Catalog Requisition
Before You Start
- If you will be ordering from a new supplier, use the Supplier Query tool to search the Supplier Database to ensure the supplier you wish to add is not already included.
Note: The Supplier Query tool is available in the SU Inquiry Tools folder from the Oracle Financials home page.
Once you determine that the Supplier is not currently in the Supplier Database, submit a request for a new supplier. This should be done as far in advance of creating your requisition as possible. It takes up to three days for the Supplier Enablement Group to qualify and set up new suppliers.
- When creating your Standard Requisition, you will be required to attest that the pricing for the goods or services is reasonable. Please see Guidance for Ensuring Price Reasonableness. For orders $25,000 and over, it is required that you either attach Competitive Bids or a completed Single/Sole Source Justification form. Purchasing will reject requisitions submitted without the necessary attachments.
It is strongly recommended that you also attach Competitive Bids or a completed Single/Sole Source Justification form for orders under $25,000.
You should have either competitive bids or a Single/Sole Source Justification form ready for electronic attachment to the transaction.
- You will also be asked whether the purchase requires a contract. See Purchases Requiring a Bilateral Contract.
Other documentation is required for all construction-related projects (including architectural services) of any dollar amount, and for other projects performed by contractors, consultants and service providers. See Purchases Requiring a Bilateral Contract.
Step 2 – Select Standard Requisition Request Type
Note: Do not mix Standard non-catalog request types with SmartMart items on a single requisition.
Step 3 – Add Additional Line Items or Ship from Foreign Country
Step 4 – Checkout
Page 1: Requisition Information
- If the requisition is a Standard Capital Equipment request, it is routed to the Department Property Administrator first before proceeding with one of the following:
- If the requisition is under $25,000 (with or without a contract), it is routed to the department approver. Upon department approval, the requisition becomes a purchase order with a unique 8-digit number and is auto-emailed directly to the company.
- If the requisition totals more than $25,000, it is assigned to a Purchasing Agent in Procurement – Purchasing Services.
- If the requisition requires a contract, see How Are Stanford Contracts Processed?