How To: Verify PCard Transactions
Before You Start
Staff responsible for verifying, editing, approving, or withdrawing charges made against department or individual Stanford issued Purchasing Cards will require PCard access.
Step 4 – Flag Transaction as Disputed (Yes or No)
Step 5 – Complete the PCard Charge Account Information
Step 6 – Complete the List of Approvers
If the approver has sufficient approval authority over the PTAE(s) charged, it is not necessary to add other approvers. The system will tell you if you have not listed the correct approvers.
All PCard receipts for transactions of $75 or more must be electronically attached to the PCard verification transaction following Step 8 below. If the transaction is less than $75 it does not need to be imaged or retained unless departmental policy / practice indicates otherwise.
Backup receipts are required for all PCard transactions of $75 or more.
- The transaction is routed for review and approval per the approval routing specified in Step 6 above. In a timely manner, the approver is responsible for reviewing and approving the transaction for:
- accuracy of information;
- correct account usage; and
- adherence to Stanford policy.
- After approval, the department's charge account (the PTAE verified in Step 4 above) is debited.
- Stanford's Accounts Payable department pays the monthly consolidated bank invoice.
- For transaction details, contact the bank at 1-800-316-6056.