How To: Verify PCard Transactions
Before You Start
Staff responsible for verifying, editing, approving, or withdrawing charges made against department or individual Stanford issued Purchasing Cards will require PCard access.
Step 4 – Flag Transaction as Disputed (Yes or No)
Step 5 – Complete the PCard Charge Account Information
Step 6 – Complete the List of Approvers
If the approver has sufficient approval authority over the PTAE(s) charged, it is not necessary to add other approvers. The system will tell you if you have not listed the correct approvers.
Step 8 – Attach Backup Receipts to the PCard Transaction
There are two options for submitting receipts and backup documents. They can be uploaded from your computer and attached to the transaction or faxed in with the bar code.
- Backup documents submitted should be available to view after several minutes. If not, please wait until the following day to check before attempting to resubmit.
- You can upload or fax additional documents at a later date; access the transaction from your PCard Worklist and click on the appropriate link to either upload them from your desktop or reprint the bar code and fax them.
- The transaction is routed for review and approval per the approval routing specified in Step 6 above. In a timely manner, the approver is responsible for reviewing and approving the transaction for:
- accuracy of information;
- correct account usage; and
- adherence to Stanford policy.
- After approval, the department's charge account (the PTAE verified in Step 4 above) is debited.
- Stanford's Accounts Payable department pays the monthly consolidated bank invoice.
- For transaction details, contact the bank at 1-800-316-6056.