How To: Verify PCard Transactions
Before You Start
Staff responsible for verifying, editing, approving, or withdrawing charges made against department or individual Stanford issued Purchasing Cards will require PCard access.
Step 4 – Flag Transaction as Disputed (Yes or No)
The most common reason to dispute a transaction is suspected merchant error. If you suspect an error, immediately contact the merchant directly.
Charges incurred on a Department Purchasing Card are not disputable with JPMorgan. Consequently, the Department is ultimately liable for any fraudulent and erroneous charges not resolved directly with the merchant and therefore, must be verified and expensed to the department's PTA.
If for any reason you suspect the Purchasing Card may have been compromised, contact JP Morgan Customer Service and request that the card be canceled / reissued.
Step 6 – Complete the PCard Charge Account Information
Step 7 – Complete Use Tax Information If Not Paid or Partially Paid
Use Tax is tax imposed upon the storage, use, or other consumption in California of tangible personal property purchased or leased through a retailer which is not subject to sales tax. Purchases by Stanford, where the property leaves the possession of the seller or title to the property transfers to Stanford at a point out-of-state, are subject to use tax, not sales tax.
Step 8 – Complete the List of Approvers
If the approver has sufficient approval authority over the PTAE(s) charged, it is not necessary to add other approvers. The system will tell you if you have not listed the correct approvers.
Step 9 – Attach Backup Receipts and Documents to the PCard Transaction
There are two options for submitting receipts and backup documents. They can be uploaded from your computer and attached to the transaction or faxed in with the bar code.
- The transaction is routed for review and approval per the approval routing specified in Step 8 above. In a timely manner, the approver is responsible for reviewing and approving the transaction for:
- accuracy of information;
- correct account usage; and
- adherence to Stanford policy.
- After approval, the department's charge account (the PTAE verified in Step 4 above) is debited.
- Stanford's Accounts Payable department pays the monthly consolidated bank invoice.
- For transaction details, contact the bank at 1-800-316-6056.