ARCHIVED Bulletin: August 2011 Year-End Close Deadlines for Accounts Payable and Disbursements (Posting Updated August 9, 2011)
2011 fiscal year-end is approaching. Transactions received by the cutoff dates and times listed below will be processed this fiscal year. Every effort will be made by Accounts Payable and Disbursements to process items received after this date in this fiscal year but cannot be guaranteed.
Friday, August 12th, 5:00 PM Deadlines:
- iOU Transactions (Reimbursement / Expense Reports, Other Check Requests and Petty Cash Replenishments): Transactions must be completely approved online and backup documents faxed to Disbursements. Specify Standard or Rush processing and delivery method (e.g., direct deposit, US Mail, Will Call, etc.) in the iOU transaction.
- Accounts Payable Invoices: A fully approved purchase order with sufficient funds must be in place and referenced on the invoice before submitting to Accounts Payable.
Friday, August 26th, 4:00 PM Deadline:
- Purchasing Card Transactions: Please verify your transactions and have them completely approved by 4:00 p.m. on August 26th.
Sunday, September 11th, 5:00 PM Deadline:
- iJournals for Accounts Payable Accruals: iJournal Originators with Specialist responsibility can submit approved list of expenses that were not recorded in Oracle prior to the year-end closing cutoff:
Note – Reverse the iJournal the following period to avoid duplicate charges.
- Include Susan Tsoi-A-Sue on the routing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Debit your department PTAE
- Credit 1057101-1-AAZAP-21300 (for non-auxiliary units) or Department Award (for auxiliary units)
The University has a responsibility to record expenses within the same fiscal year they were incurred. Prompt submission is important to assure financial reporting compliance. In addition to your timely submission of current year invoices and reimbursement requests, prompt attention and resolution of Holds will help us process all transactions for this fiscal year before year-end close.
For more year-end close schedules and deadlines, visit the Year-End Close web page on the Gateway to Financial Activities web site.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Financial Support Center (3-2772).