Bulletin: Changes to Expenditure Type Codes and Chart of Accounts (Posted September 5, 2012)
The Controller's Office and Research Finance Compliance and Services (RFCS) have been working together to simplify and clarify the Chart of Accounts (COA). While this work will continue into FY2013, activities in FY2012 involved:
- Review of commonly used expenditure types (ET), resulting in:
- Changes to some ET names to better describe the expense type
- Enhancement of definitions
- A new column listing related ETs on the Expenditure Type Definitions and Rules spreadsheet on the Fingate web site
- Closure of ETs with little or no usage
- Closure of some currently used ETs that are redundant with other ETs in the COA
Please take particular note of the following ETs which will be closed effective August 31, 2012 and the ETs to use in their stead. Please ensure that charges in FY13 are posted to the recommended ETs listed below.
|ET Changes||Use Instead...|
|53525 EQUIP REP MAINT CONTRACT closed, and
53530 EQUIP REP MAINT NON CONTRACT closed
|as appropriate: 53510 GEN PURPOSE EQUIP REP MAINT, 53520 SPECIAL PURPOSE EQUIP REP MAINT, or 53515 VEHICLE REP MAINT|
|54365 JANITORIAL SVCS closed||53710 CUSTODIAL/JANITORIAL SERVICES|
|55330 SECOND CLASS POSTAGE closed||55310 POSTAGE|
|51891 for training expenses charged to STAP funds using STAP PTA 1089542-8-AAPAA|
|52510 for NON-STAP training expenses charged to department PTAs|
To see current and archived announcements of changes to the COA go to Bulletin: Expenditure Type & Object Code Updates.
To receive COA change announcements go to Subscribe / Unsubscribe to Receive Financial Activities Email Bulletins.
Contact the Financial Support Center (3-2772).