ARCHIVED Bulletin: 2010/11 Winter Close Information (Posted November 29, 2010)
In accordance with the University 2010 Winter Close schedule, Financial Management Services (including the Controller's Office, Purchasing & Payment Services, and Treasurer's Office), Office of Research Administration, and Administrative Systems / Financial Systems Support Group will be officially closed for regular business from Monday, December 20, 2010 through Friday, December 31, 2010. Normal business hours will resume Monday, January 3, 2011.
On this page, specific information about:
- Payroll and Time Reporting
- Purchasing and Payment Processing (including Reimbursements)
- Cashier's Office
- Student Services Center
- Financial Systems Support
- Emergency Contacts
Payroll and Time Reporting
Payroll will be open through the end of business on Friday, December 17. They will close for the holidays on Saturday, December 18 and will reopen on Monday January 3, 2011. Emergency support only will be provided during this period: phone messages may be left at 3-9248. Callers will receive a response within 24 hours on any day that is not a weekend or holiday.
- Payday for the first period of December will be Monday, December 20th. Direct deposits will post to employee's bank accounts by 5PM on the 20th.
- All live checks will be mailed to the employee's home address by Monday, December 20. Employees are encouraged to sign up for direct deposit instead of receiving a live check to guarantee that pay will post to their bank accounts on payday. Employees should verify their mailing address in StanfordYou to ensure that their check is routed correctly if they do not enroll in direct deposit.
- The timecard approval deadline for the second period of December will be 9pm on Monday, January 3. Employees must complete Axess Timecard entries by the end of the last working day prior to the closure.
For specific information about reporting time off during winter closure, see Bulletin: Time Reporting and Payroll During Winter Closure.
Purchasing and Payment Processing (including Reimbursements)
For specific ordering and delivery instructions, visit Special Purchasing & Delivery Instructions for Winter Closure. For specific payment deadlines (including reimbursements, advances, other checks, petty cash, and invoice payments) visit Special Payment Deadlines for Winter Closure.
All departmental deposits to be processed in calendar year 2010 must be brought to the Wells Fargo Bank, Tresidder Branch by 4PM on Thursday, December 16, 2010. The Cashier's Office will also be closed Monday, December 20, 2010 through Friday, December 31, 2010.
Student Services Center
During Winter Closure, telephone representatives will be available to take your call at 866-993-7772 (toll free) or 650-723-7772 on December 20 - 23 and December 27 - 30.
Financial Systems Support
Financial Systems Support, including the Help Desk, will be officially closed Monday, December 20, 2010 and will reopen Monday, January 3, 2011. All production and infrastructure applications will continue to be available during this time, and limited staff will be available to monitor systems and to ensure that critical applications and services remain running. To report a service outage or other emergency, call 650-725-HELP (5-4357) or submit a HelpSU ticket. A small number of staff will be on hand to support emergency requests and will respond as soon as possible. Other non emergency messages will be addressed beginning Monday, January 3 2009.
Although officially closed, some departments will be available to respond to emergency needs during the winter close, with the exception of weekends and official holidays.
If you have an emergency need, please leave a concise message and your call will be returned within 24 hours, except as noted above.
||Financial Support Center (3-2772)|
|Urgent Proposal Issues||
From 12/20 – 12/22:
From 12/27 – 12/30:
|Urgent Industry-Sponsored Clinical Trial Contract Issues||
From 12/20 – 12/22:
From 12/27 – 12/30:
|Emergency Help & Service Outages||650-725-HELP (4357)