ARCHIVED Bulletin: 2011/12 Winter Close Information (Posted November 9, 2011)
In accordance with the University 2011/12 Winter Close schedule, Financial Management Services (including the Controller's Office, Procurement, and Office of the Treasurer), and Administrative Systems / Financial Systems Support Group will be officially closed for regular business from Monday, December 19, 2011 through Monday, January 2, 2012. Normal business hours will resume Tuesday, January 3, 2012.
On this page, specific information about:
- Payroll and Time Reporting
- Purchasing and Payment Processing (including Reimbursements)
- Cashier's Office
- Financial Systems Support
- Emergency Contacts
Payroll and Time Reporting
Payroll will be open through the end of business on Friday, December 16. Additionally, Payroll will be open limited hours on Monday, December 19 – Tuesday, December 20 to help Human Resources / Department Administrators with any pay corrections for the December 1 – 15 pay period. Questions regarding pay corrections should be submitted via HelpSU. Requests for pay corrections must have appropriate department approvals.
Payroll will close for the holidays from Wednesday, December 21 and will reopen on Tuesday, January 3, 2012. Emergency support only will be provided during this period: phone messages may be left at 650-723-9248. Callers will receive a response within 24 hours on any day that is not a weekend or holiday.
- Payday for the first period of December will be Tuesday, December 20th. Direct deposits will post to employee's bank accounts by 5PM on the 20th.
- All live checks will be mailed to the employee's mailing address (or home address if no mailing address is listed) by Tuesday, December 20. Employees are encouraged to enroll in direct deposit instead of receiving a live check to guarantee that pay will post to their bank accounts on payday. Employees should verify their mailing address in StanfordYou to ensure that their check is routed correctly if they do not enroll in direct deposit.
- The timecard approval deadline for the second period of December will be Noon on Tuesday, January 3. Employees must complete Axess Timecard entries by the end of the last working day prior to the closure.
For specific information about reporting time off during winter closure, see Bulletin: Time Reporting and Payroll During Winter Closure.
Purchasing and Payment Processing (including Reimbursements)
For specific ordering and delivery instructions, visit Special Purchasing & Delivery Instructions for Winter Closure. For specific payment deadlines (including reimbursements, advances, other checks, petty cash, and invoice payments) visit Special Payment Deadlines for Winter Closure.
All departmental deposits to be processed in calendar year 2011 must be brought to the Wells Fargo Bank, Tresidder Branch by 12PM on Thursday, December 15, 2011. The Cashier's Office will also be closed Monday, December 19, 2011 through Monday, January 2, 2012.
Financial Systems Support
Financial Systems Support, including the Help Desk, will be officially closed Monday, December 19, 2011 and will reopen Tuesday, January 3, 2012. All production and infrastructure applications will continue to be available during this time, and limited staff will be available to monitor systems and to ensure that critical applications and services remain running. To report a service outage or other emergency, call 650-725-HELP (5-4357) or submit a HelpSU ticket. A small number of staff will be on hand to support emergency requests and will respond as soon as possible. Other non emergency messages will be addressed beginning Tuesday, January 3, 2012.
Although officially closed, some departments will be available to respond to emergency needs during the winter close, with the exception of weekends and official holidays.
If you have an emergency need, please leave a concise message and your call will be returned within 24 hours, except as noted above.
||Financial Support Center (3-2772)|
|Emergency Help & Service Outages||650-725-HELP (4357)