Bulletin: Gift Transmittals System Updates and Best Practices (Posted June 20, 2013)
Since the campus-wide rollout on 3/25/13, over 6,500 transactions have been successfully processed through the Gift Transmittals system! Now that we have been live for a few months and have overcome many of the initial bumps in the road, we would like to share some updates being made to the system and best practices.
On this page:
- Changes to the Gift Transmittal Data Export
- Requesting New Capital Funds
- New FAQs Added to the Web Site!
- Top Priority Future Enhancements to the Gift Transmittals System
Changes to the Gift Transmittal Data Export
We have changed the order of several of the columns in the exports so that they flow more like the actual transmittal process. In addition a few new columns have been added and titles have been changed for clarity. See How To: Export Gift Transmittal Data to Excel.
Requesting New Capital Funds
Currently you cannot request a new capital fund through Gift Transmittals or PTA Manager. If you find the gift you are processing requires a new capital fund, please save the transmittal as a draft and email Erika Macias in Capital Accounting to request the fund. Be sure to attach a copy of the donor documentation to your email to Erika. Once the fund is open, complete the gift transmittal by entering the newly created fund and selecting save and submit.
New FAQs Added to the Web Site! Below Is the Most Common Asked
Q. I have multiple gifts for the same new fund. Do I select "new fund" and create a PTA Request for each?
No. To apply multiple gifts to a new fund, do the following:
- For the first gift, initiate a transmittal and complete the transmittal by requesting new fund and selecting save and submit.
- Send all required documentation relating to the first gift to Development Services.
- For the second gift, initiate a transmittal and complete the transmittal by selecting select existing fund, and save as draft. Do not link this transmittal to the first gift transmittal as they are from different sources. The draft transmittal will remain in your queue.
- Send all required documentation relating to the second gift transmittal to Development Services.
- Wait for the confirmation email informing you that the new fund requested in the first gift transmittal has been opened.
- Complete the second gift transmittal you saved as draft by entering the newly created fund and selecting save and submit.
Top Priority Future Enhancements to the Gift Transmittals System:
- Completely remove checklist for pledges
- Remove Faculty Information for pledges or annual funds
- Remove unnecessary pledge payment item from checklist
- New simplified export with fewer columns
- Enable users to change the amount of a transmittal
- Enable users to complete a transmittal after reassigning an org
- Enable users to link gift transmittals from the copy screen