ARCHIVED Bulletin: Time Reporting and Payroll During Winter Closure (Posted November 3, 2009)
On this page:
Time & Leave Reporting and Approval Deadlines
Axess Timecard entries for the first pay period in December (December 1 - 15) should be approved by NOON on Wednesday, December 16, 2009. Supervisors should be especially careful when approving Axess Timecard entries for the December 15th pay period in order to minimize any pay corrections.
Axess Timecard entries for the December 16 - 31 period should be completed by the end of the business day on Friday, December 18, prior to Winter Close. The approval deadline is Noon on Monday, January 4, 2010.
Reporting Time in Axess Timecard
Designated Stanford holidays are December 24, 25, and January 1. Employees will also receive one additional day off with pay during the winter closure.
You may use the following options for covering the remaining closures dates:
- Floating Holiday for 2009
- Available Personal Time Off (PTO) for 2009
- Accrued Vacation Time
- Time off borrowed from December 2009 vacation accrual, which is normally not available for use until 1/1 (up to one month's accrual is permitted)
- Time off borrowed from 2010 PTO accrual (up to 24 hours for a full-time employee)
- Time off borrowed from 2010 Floating Holiday accrual (up to 8 hours for a full-time employee)
Use of sick time is not allowed during this period.
Time off should be tracked in Axess Timecard as follows:
Holidays (12/24, 12/25 and 1/1)
- Exempt employees, both full and part time, do not track holidays. The timecard should be left blank on the holiday dates.
- Non-exempt full-time employees will be granted 8 holiday hours for each holiday automatically when they "Apply Schedule" for the pay period. Employees who do not have a pre-populated schedule should enter the appropriate number of holiday hours on each holiday.
- Non-exempt part-time employees will be granted holiday hours based on a pre-formulated system calculation when they "Apply Schedule" for the pay period. Employees who do not have a pre-populated schedule should enter the appropriate number of holiday hours on each holiday.
Additional Day Off With Pay
Treat like a normal work day:
- Exempt employees should leave blank.
- Non-exempt employees should leave their normal schedule in for that day.
Time Off Borrowed from 2010 PTO, Floating Holiday Accrual and December 2009 Vacation Accrual
Enter as you normally do:
- Axess Timecard has been programmed to allow overdrafts for December only.
- Employees who are negative because of borrowed time will have the difference subtracted, either from:
- Vacation from their December 2009 grant
- Floating Holiday and PTO from January 2010 grants
Payday prior to the Winter Close is Friday, December 18. Direct deposits will post to bank accounts on December 18 by 5:00 PM. Online pay statements will be available in Axess for all employees (including those who receive live paychecks), on Thursday, December 17. The 12/15 pay period is the last pay period of tax year 2009. Employees are encouraged to review their online pay statement for accuracy on Thursday, December 17.
Employees Who Receive a Live Paycheck:
All live checks will be delivered to your department mail code, as normal, on Friday December 18. However, we encourage you to sign up for direct deposit instead of receiving a live check by visiting the Employee Info tab in Axess.