ARCHIVED Bulletin: Travelport is Now Orbitz for Business (Posted November 26, 2007)
Stanford's online booking tool for travel has a new name: Orbitz for Business. The new web address is http://suorbitz.stanford.edu (link outdated and removed). Your previous records with Travelport will still be accessible and the site will look essentially the same. If you are in the Stanford network, simply type in suorbitz in your browser address bar. The first time you visit the site you will need to type in your Stanford email address in the member box. Once you do that, Stanford will appear on the screen under the Orbitz for Business logo.
If you have not used Travelport before, consider making your next travel arrangements with Stanford's Orbitz for Business, a full service online agency that offers many features and conveniences for Stanford travelers and travel arrangers:
- Book airfare, hotels and rental cars online, 24 hours a day for a low cost fee
- Receive Stanford negotiated discounts with United Airlines, local hotels and AVIS Rental Car
- Book and manage travel for one or more travelers including guests
- Set up personal profiles to store personal information and preferences
- Receive Care Alerts sent to the traveler, travel arranger, and family members via cell phone, email address or PDA with notification of flight changes and departure gates
- Access all trip information under traveler's profile, to retrieve information for reimbursement and reporting purposes
For more information on Stanford-affiliated travel resources and agencies, see Resources: Travel Agencies (page obsolete; link removed), or contact Liane Pfeiffer (link outdated and removed), your Stanford Travel Program Coordinator.