How To: Make a Supplier / Payee Request (Setup a Non-SU Payee for Reimbursement)
Before You Start
An active supplier / payee record must exist within the supplier / payee database in order to:
- Request a Non-PO Payment
- Place a purchase order in iProcurement, or
- Create a reimbursement for a Non-SU Payee (visitor) in Expense Requests.
In addition to having an "active" record, if the payment method is by check and will be sent to a supplier / payee's address, the address site within the database must also display a status of "active."
The Supplier Query and Request System is used to
- Search for supplier / payee in the database
- Activate an Inactive supplier / payee
- Request the setup of a new supplier / payee
- Request a new address for an existing supplier / payee
- Request a change to an existing supplier / payee record
To learn more about supplier or payee records, take FIN-0509: Supplier / Payee Setup.
Step 3 – Make Supplier / Payee Request
Your supplier / payee is listed in the search results but his/her status and/or the address site status display "Inactive" status.
Your supplier / payee is not listed in the search results.
Your supplier / payee is listed in the search results and has an "active" record.
Your supplier / payee is listed in the search results, but you need to request a change or correction to an item in the record.
- Requests are routed to a Supplier Enablement Coordinator who will determine if bank account information or tax information is required from the supplier / payee. If so, the new Supplier / Payee (and any designated Authorized Agent) will be contacted via email to complete information via the secure Supplier and Payee Request Portal. See How To: Complete a Stanford Supplier and Payee Request.
- You can track the status of all Supplier/Payee requests. See How To: View Pending Supplier / Payee Requests.
- Suppliers are responsible for maintaining their own confidential data and may make a request to update their address, tax information, or bank account information by calling the Financial Support Center (1-650-723-2772), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM PST.