Resources: Contract Guidance
A contract is required if the answer to any of the following questions is Yes:
- Is the supplier a one-person operation?
- Will the supplier services involve modification to the interior or exterior of a building?
- Will the supplier services require use of hazardous chemicals or involve disturbance or removal of hazardous materials such as asbestos or lead?
- Are the purchases charged to sponsored funds and are the services for clinical research, material transfer, or do they involve human subjects?
- Is there a requirement for milestone deliverables and/or specific milestone deliverable dates?
- Is there a requirement for services to be completed in accordance with a firm schedule?
- Are the services for a commissioned work?
- Are there data usage and ownership requirements?
- Is the expenditure for loan of equipment or other tangible items?