Resources: Checklist for Purchases Requiring a Contract (Purchase of Certain Services or Construction-Related Work)
Reference: Determining when a contract is required
The Requisition Should Include:
- A complete description of the Work/Services to be performed, expected deliverables, and milestone completion dates, if any.
- Complete Supplier contact information, including email address.
- The name of the Stanford Project Manager.
- If the request is a change order, provide new end date.
The Requisition Attachments and/or Notes Must Include:
- Proposal from the supplier
- If competitively bid, the Request for Proposal (RFP) or Invitation to Bid (IFB), addenda, if any, and all bids received
- If not competitively bid, a Single/Sole Source Justification form including how Supplier's proposed price was determined to be fair and reasonable.
- A compliant, current certificate of insurance, with endorsement forms, or a request to waive insurance and the reason.
For Construction Projects, Add:
- Name and complete contact information of architect, if any.
- If requesting waiver of Payment and Performance Bond, a waiver memo, signed by cognizant Dean or V.P.
- If capital project, project number and title.
For New Individual Consultants / Contractors*, Add:
- A completed Independent Consultants/Contractors Checklist and a list of current clients other than Stanford. Independent Consultants and Contractors Checklist
If Using Sponsored Funds, Add:
- Copy of the NOA and budget
* New individual consultants/contractors means that Purchasing has not done prior business with the consultant. Refer to the Supplier Query tool (Launch Oracle and open the SU Inquiry Tools folder).
For questions or help: