Overview: Online Preparation of Departmental Deposits Using CASHNet.com
Stanford Schools and Departments are expected to use CASHNet.com for convenient and accurate online preparation of departmental receipts for deposit.
If you are collecting any student-related deposits, please contact the Student Financial Services Payment Office at 650-498-7526 before signing up for CASHNet.com.
On this page:
CASHNet.com is Stanford University's standard method for recording departmental deposits. Stanford Schools and Departments are expected to use CASHNet.com as it is the most convenient and accurate method to record deposits and offers research and reporting capabilities to departments online.
Check and cash receipts must be physically delivered to Wells Fargo, Tresidder Memorial Union to complete each deposit.
Benefits of Using CASHNet
- Ability to auto-fill PTAE/O and other repetitive departmental information reduces the time to prepare transmittals and improves accuracy of information
- PTA information is validated while the transactions is being entered, preventing errors
- Processing time is significantly streamlined as all the transmittal information is available online
- Authorized department staff can view deposit history and pending deposit information online, anytime
- Use of paper is reduced
- Submit the online CASHNet.com Request Form. Detailed instructions for completing the request are included on the form.
- Once your request is received, your Department Finance Manager, as identified on the request, will be prompted for approval of account set-up and of designated operators by email.
- The Finance Manager will receive an email confirming the request and notification of CASHNet.com account set-up processing time (usually 3-5 business days) once approval is received.
- When your account is set up, a "Congratulations" email is sent to the Finance Manager and designated department operators, including step-by-step procedures on how to access CASHNet.com for the first time and how to manage passwords and on-going departmental access.
Resources and Contacts
- Learn How To: Process and Deposit Department Receipts using CASHNet.com.
- For step-by-step instructions, refer to the Departmental Deposits: CASHNet User Guide.
- See Cash and Check Handling Checklists.
- Contact University Cashier's Office by phone or submit a HelpSU ticket for any questions relating to the processing and depositing of department receipts.
- Contact the Financial Support Center (3-2772) for reimbursements related to iProcurement or iOU transactions.