Overview: Scheduling Oracle Financials Reports Using ReportMart3
Certain jobs (e.g. Budget Officers and Financial Analysts / Managers) necessitate running the same Oracle Financials reports on a regular basis (i.e. daily, weekly or monthly). To streamline the process of running repetitive reports, report scheduling functionality can be enabled in ReportMart3.
On this page:
Benefits of Scheduling
Report scheduling allows you to:
- Run Oracle Financials reports without being tied to your computer while a report runs
- Run a report repeatedly without re-entering report prompts
- Have reports delivered directly to your ReportMart3 Inbox or via email in PDF or Excel format
You have multiple options when scheduling a report in ReportMart3:
- Daily –Report runs daily for a period of days specified (N days) at the time you specify.
- Weekly –Report runs weekly on the day and time specified.
- Nth Day of Month –Report runs monthly on the day and time specified.
- Event Based –Report starts running as soon as the reporting data is available.
- Choose Data Available to run report as soon as the daily database build is complete.
- Choose Month Available to run report as soon as the monthly close database build is complete.
Note: ReportMart3 is not available between Midnight and 7 AM PST. When possible, schedule reports to run outside of peak business hours which are 10 AM – noon and 2 PM – 4 PM. When results can wait until the next day, schedule reports to run between 6 PM – 11PM.
Along with the capability of scheduling reports come certain responsibilities. We ask that you:
- Schedule reports to run during off-peak hours. Peak hours are 10 AM – Noon and 2 – 4 PM PST.
- Consider scheduling reports during evening hours (6 – 11 PM PST) when you can wait for the results.
- Select reasonable End Dates. The report schedule that you establish will repeat until the End Date occurs.
- Periodically delete Excel and PDF files from your ReportMart3 Inbox.
Scheduling reports is easy. For step-by-step instructions see How To: Save, Schedule and Manage Favorite ReportMart3 Reports. See also Scheduling for ReportMart3 (PowerPoint presentation).