Overview: Forecasting Future Expenditures and Available Balances in the Commitment Management System (CMS)
The Commitment Management System (CMS) is the preferred method of managing available fund balances and forecasting future expenditures at Stanford. CMS users benefit from:
- Consolidation of data from PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials and Hyperion
- Automatic calculation of available fund balances (eliminating importing and re-keying of data)
- Integration with the Faculty Financial Inquiry Tool (FFIT) for communicating status of accounts with faculty
How do I get information for myself?
If you are responsible for managing one account (PTA) or a portfolio of accounts, we invite you to learn about training, access, ongoing support and how your colleagues at Stanford are using CMS:
How do I get information for my team?
If you are interested in getting more information about how your team can benefit from using CMS:
- Visit the CMS web site
- View "The Experience CMS" video
- Contact Kern King, Financial Management Consultant, to discuss opportunities
Note: If you or your team are not ready to transition to using the Commitment Management System (CMS), see Manually Forecasting Future Expenditures and Available Balances without CMS.