How To: Upload a Bulk Fund Transfer in iJournals
Who does this? Only individuals granted special access to this functionality by the University Budget Office
When? This functionality may only be available during certain periods of the fiscal year
Before You Start: Create your bulk fund transfer file using the "Bulk Fund Transfer Excel Template" and save it to your hard drive so it is available for upload. (Note: template will be provided to those granted access to create bulk fund transfers.)
- If you are saving the file to a PC, save the spreadsheet as a tab-delimited text file.
- If you are saving to a MAC, save the upload spreadsheet as a Text (Windows) file.
Upload a Bulk Fund Transfer in iJournals (2 steps)
If you have the privilege to upload bulk fund transfers, you will see the Bulk Fund Transfer Status area on your home page of iJournals and the Upload Bulk Fund Transfer link will be available under the Feeder/Upload link in the left column of the screen (See screen shot).
Upload the Bulk Fund Transfer file:
- Click on the Upload Bulk Fund Transfer link. The Policy for Bulk Fund Transfers page will appear. (See screen shot).
- Attest to the appropriateness of the fund transfer by checking the boxes to certify each required condition.
- Click Next.
- On the Upload a File screen, click Browse... to choose the file (See screen shot)
- Click Upload.
Confirm the Upload:
If the Bulk Fund Transfer file is correctly formatted, the "Uploaded File" screen appears showing that the file was accepted for processing. Note that bulk fund transfer batches have keys beginning with "ijb" (different from regular iJournals, which hav prefix "ij").
- Confirm that the file name shown as uploaded is the correct file. This screen will also show the Period End Date, the Budget Unit, Debit Total, and will indicate the Category as "BULK_FT." (See screen shot).
- Click Home tab to review the status of this Bulk FT batch.
- On your Home page, in the Bulk Fund Transfer Status area, your transfer will appear with a status of SAVED. (See screen shot).
What Happens Next?
- A background process will validate the data.
- Validated files will be immediately routed to Fund Accounting for approval.
- Once a validated file is approved by Fund Accounting, a background process will split the file into its constituent Fund Transfers (two lines each). The Bulk Fund Transfer will then show status "TRANSFERRED."
- Files that are invalid will show status INVALID. You may click on the "INVALID" link in the Bulk Fund Transfer Status area on your Home page to review invalid lines. (The screen will show up to 25 invalid lines in a file. The screen will indicate if there are more than 25 and you may use the "excel" button to download the full list.)
- For additional help, submit a HelpSU ticket. Select Request Category Administrative Applications and Request Type Oracle Financials.