How To: Obtain Immigration Verification Letter
Who does this? Stanford Employees
When? Employees need to verify employment status for immigration purposes.
How? Employees can obtain and print an Immigration Verification Letter directly from The Work Number web site provided by TALX Corporation (a third party service provider).
Obtain Immigration Verification Letter (4 steps)
Launch The Work Number web site:
Log into The Work Number Employee section:
- Click I'm an Employee.
- Click Enter Site.
- Click Log In.
- Click Log In again on the statement "For options described above, please LOG IN."
- Enter 10526 in Employee Name or Code field.
- Click Log In button.
- Click I want to provide proof of employment and income.
- Enter your Social Security Number without any dashes or spaces.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your PIN (personal identification number).
Note: Default PIN is your date of birth (format: YYYYMMDD). The screen prompt, for first-time users, will provide the opportunity to take an Identity Quiz. The Identity Quiz is a series of questions that only you will know the answer to in order to prove your identity. Once you complete the Identity Quiz, the screens will walk you through the steps required to set up your own personal PIN. You also will be able to provide profile information during that process that will allow you to reset your PIN online, by yourself in the future.
- Click Log In.
Obtain an immigration verification letter:
- Find the Immigration tab on the Main Menu.
- Click Print to print the Employment Verification Letter for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Foreign Government Agencies and Embassies.
- Use caution when printing salary information to a public printer.
- This immigration verification letter does NOT satisfy the requirements for the following immigration forms:
- Application for Family Unity Benefits (Form I-817)
- Application for Temporary Protected Status (Form I-821)
- Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes (Form N-470)
Click Main Menu or Logout.
- Information Privacy and Security: All employment and salary verification transactions are protected by TALX Corporation using 128-bit SSL encryption. TALX uses very stringent data security standards and physical building security to protect the computer equipment and data center facility that operates the W-2 eXpress service.
- You can personally safeguard your information by keeping your Social Security Number and PIN confidential. You can change your PIN at any time from the W-2 eXpress web site, My Account option.
- Call The Work Number electronic customer support system at 1-800-367-5690.
- The Work Number customer service representatives can be reached at 1-800-996-7566, Monday – Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Central Time.
- If you still have questions or need assistance with a PIN reset, please submit a HelpSU ticket to Payroll (Request Category Financial Support and Request Type Payroll).