How To: Obtain Immigration Verification Letter
Who does this? Stanford Employees
When? Employees need to verify employment status for immigration purposes.
How? Employees can obtain and print an Immigration Verification Letter directly from The Work Number web site provided by TALX Corporation (a third party service provider).
Obtain Immigration Verification Letter (6 steps)
Launch The Work Number web site:
Log into The Work Number Employee section:
- Click Enter Employee Section.
- Enter 10526 in Employee Name or Code field.
- Click Go button.
- Enter your Social Security Number.
- Enter your PIN (personal identification number).
- Click Continue.
Change default password (For First Time Login Only):
- Enter your Old PIN (i.e. default date of birth).
- Enter a New PIN (format: 4 to 8 numeric digits in length).
- Re-enter your New PIN.
- Click Continue.
You will receive confirmation that your PIN has been changed.
Obtain an immigration verification letter:
- Find the Verifications list on the Main Menu.
- Click Immigration Verification.
- Click Continue to view the Employment Verification Letter for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Application for Family Unity Benefits (Form I-817)
- Application for Temporary Protected Status (Form I-821)
- Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes (Form N-470)
Print your immigration verification letter:
- Click Printer Friendly.
- Information Privacy and Security: All employment and salary verification transactions are protected by TALX Corporation using 128-bit SSL encryption. TALX uses very stringent data security standards and physical building security to protect the computer equipment and data center facility that operates the W-2 eXpress service.
- You can personally safeguard your information by keeping your Social Security Number and PIN confidential. You can change your PIN at any time from the W-2 eXpress web site, My Account options.
- Call The Work Number electronic customer support system at 1-800-367-5690.
- The Work Number Customer Service Representatives can be reached at 1-800-996-7566, Monday – Friday between the hours of 7 AM and 8 PM Central Time.
- If you still have questions or need assistance with a PIN reset, please submit a HelpSU ticket to Payroll (Request Category Financial Support and Request Type Payroll).