How To: Get Reimbursed via Petty Cash
Who does this? Stanford employees
When? An employee has used personal funds for University business purchases under $100.
How? Request reimbursement from the department's Petty Cash Custodian
Get Reimbursed via Petty Cash (3 steps)
Employee presents original expense receipts attached to a completed Received of Petty Cash Form to the Petty Cash Custodian:
Petty Cash Custodian reviews request to:
- Ensure all required information is included.
- Evaluate compliance to reimbursement policy.
- Verify proper authorization.
Petty Cash Custodian uses the cash in the petty cash fund to reimburse employee for exact amount of expenses shown on receipts through the following steps:
- Enter the amount of the reimbursement on the Received of Petty Cash Form.
- Disburse cash to employee.
- Direct employee to sign Received of Petty Cash form, indicating monies were received.
- Retain Received of Petty Cash form and original receipts.
Note: Reimbursement for petty cash must be the exact amount of the expense. Splitting one transaction valued over $100.00 into lesser parts is not permitted.
- Contact the Financial Support Center (3-2772).