Course: Understanding Cost Policy (DOR-1101)
Who should take this course?
- This course is the first of three required for staff to be granted authority for approving transactions in Oracle Financials.
- This course is also recommended for anyone initiating transactions in the Oracle Financials System.
- Practice stewardship of Stanford and sponsor funds
- Understand the three major fund classifications
- Recognize the impact of sponsored projects on financial transactions
- Understand and describe Direct and Indirect Costs
- Correctly identify expenses or tasks as either allowable or unallowable according to University policy and/or federal regulations
- Understand and apply the four cost principles when coding transactions
- Describe the purpose of attributes in Stanford's accounting system
- Web (self-paced) and blended (instructor-led)
- Web (self-paced): 60 minutes
- Blended (instructor-led): 3 hours
How to access training?
To receive credit for this course, register through STARS and complete the training
Enroll in course now
Course owned / Maintained by:
Dean of Research
Tips for using Axess
Related Training Materials
Close window | Go Home: Gateway to Financial Activities for Staff