Course: Using Stanford's Chart of Accounts (FIN-0102)
Who should take this course?
- Required for staff who will approve transaction in Oracle Financials such as requisitions and iJournals
- Required for staff who will be processing transactions or verifying expense reports in iOU
- Recommended for anyone initiating, reconciling, or reviewing financial transactions
This course is one of three required for staff to be granted authority to approve transactions in Oracle Financials.
- Importance of using Chart of Accounts to track the flow of money in/out of the University
- The purpose and significance of Chart of Accounts coding
- The purpose and definition of Awards or Funds
- Identifying accounts using Project, Task, and Award (PTA)
- Financial transaction coding using the combined PTAs and Expenditure Types or Object Codes
- The financial tasks that utilize Chart of Accounts
- The Oracle Financials modules used to process the related transactions
Self-paced (approximately 30 minutes)
How to access training?
To receive credit for this course, register through STARS and complete the training
Enroll in course now
Course owned / Maintained by:
Financial Management Services
See Tips for using Axess
Related Training Materials
Close window | Go Home: Gateway to Financial Activities for Staff