Receiving a purchase order from Stanford carries with it the obligation to supply the ordered goods or services at the agreed-upon price, at the promised time, and without the need for buyer's intervention, renegotiation, or continued expediting. Suppliers should never accept requests for goods or services from Stanford University without a purchase order number or a Purchasing Card number.
Additionally, we expect:
- Dependable products and services
- Delivery as promised
- Competitive prices
- No substitutions
- Good communications
- Timely resolution of warranty claims
- Compliance with purchasing, shipping and invoicing procedures
- Certificate of Insurance. This requirement is managed through Stanford Procurement Contracts Group.
- Adherence to Stanford policies and initiatives
- No gifts or gratuities to be offered or provided to Stanford personnel, or anything that could be construed as such. The Medical School has a special policy related to medical-industry suppliers
- Shipping documents to include the Stanford purchase order number, building address, room number, and contact person
- Invoices to include the Stanford purchase order number and that invoices be mailed directly to Accounts Payable
You can also help us both do a better job by:
- Advising us if our specifications for a product can be improved to provide better performance, a longer-life product, and/or lower cost.
- Keeping us supplied with your latest catalogs and current prices.
- Keeping us informed of your back order situations, plant closures, impending shortages or strikes.
- Calling the Purchasing and Contracts Department in advance for appointments.