Start Date: December 2008
John Ralph, Xuejun Pan, and Sara Patterson, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Zhu, Y., A. Mohammadi, and J. Ralph. “Facile Synthesis of 4-Hydroxycinnamaldehydes.” BioEnergy Research 5, no. 2, 407-411 (2012).
- Vanholme, R., K. Morreel, C. Darrah, J. H. Grabber, J. Ralph and W. Boerjan. “Phenolic metabolism as a natural resource for the engineering of lignin in feedstocks for biofuels and biomaterials production.” New Phytologist (2012).
- Ress D. K. and J. Ralph. Synthesis of 3-O-vanillate and 3-O-ferulate esters of (-)-epicatechin. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2012, submitted 8/25/2011; updating with synthetic lignins. “
- Grabber, J. H., D. Ress, and J. Ralph. “Identifying new lignin bioengineering targets: impact of epicatechin, quercetin glycoside, and gallate derivatives on the lignification and fermentation of maize cell walls.” Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 60, no. 20 (2012): 5152-5160.”
- Elumalai, S., J. H. Grabber, J. Ralph and X. Pan. Incorporation of epicatechin derivatives into cell walls, and assessment of responses to pretreatment methods and subsequent enzymatic hydrolysis.BioEnergy Research, 2012, in preparation.
- Tobimatsu, Y., S. Elumalai, J. H. Grabber, C. L. Davidson, X. Pan, and J. Ralph. “Cover Picture: Hydroxycinnamate Conjugates as Potential Monolignol Replacements: In vitro Lignification and Cell Wall Studies with Rosmarinic Acid.” ChemSusChem, 5: 4, 601, doi: 10.1002/cssc.201290013 (2012).
- Ress, D. K., J. H. Grabber, and J. Ralph. “Lignin monomer replacement strategies: Syntheses of (-)-epicatechin ferulate, (-)-epicatechin vanillate, and 1,2-diferuloyl-(L)-tartaric Acid,” (in preparation, 2011).
- Elumalai, S., J. H. Grabber, J. Ralph, and X. Pan. “Incorporation of epicatechin derivatives into cell walls, and assessment of responses to pretreatment methods and subsequent enzymatic hydrolysis,” (in preparation, 2011).
- Zhu, Y. and J. Ralph. “Stereoselective synthesis of 1-O-β-feruloyl and 1-O-β-sinapoyl glucopyranoses,” European Journal of Organic Chemistry (submitted, March 25, 2011).
- Tobimatsu, Y., C. L. Davidson, J. H. Grabber, and J. Ralph. “Fluorescence tagged monolignols: Synthesis and application to studying in vitro lignication,” Biomacromolecules (in press, accepted, March 16, 2011).
- Morreel, K., O. Dima, H. Kim, F. Lu, C. Niculaes, R. Vanholme, R. Dauwe, G. Goeminne, D. Inzé, E. Messens, J. Ralph, and W. Boerjan. “Mass spectrometry based sequencing of lignin oligomers,” Plant Physiology, 153, 1464-1478, doi:10.1104/pp.110.156489 (2010).
- Vanholme, R., K. Morreel, J. Ralph, and W. Boerjan. “Lignin biosynthesis and structure.” Plant Physiology, Vol. 153, pp. 895-905, doi:10.1104/pp.110.155119 (2010).
- van Parijs, F., K. Morreel, J. Ralph, W. Boerjan, and R. M. H. Merks. “Modeling lignin polymerization. Part 1: simulation model of dehydrogenation polymers.” Plant Physiology, Vol. 153, pp. 1332-1344, doi:10.1104/pp.110.154468 (2010).
- Grabber, J. H., P. F. Schatz, H. Kim, F. Lu, and J. Ralph. “Identifying new lignin bioengineering targets: 1. Monolignol substitute impacts on lignin formation and cell wall fermentability.” BMC Plant Biology, 10:114, doi:10.1186/1471-2229-10-114 (2010).
- Vanholme, R., J. Ralph, T. Akiyama, F. Lu, J. Rencoret Pazo, J. Christensen, A. Rohde, K. Morreel, R. DeRycke, H. Kim, B. Van Reusel, and W. Boerjan. “Engineering traditional monolignols out of lignins: The effects of concomitant F5H1-up-regulation and COMT-down-regulation in Arabidopsis,” (in final preparation, 2010).
Updated January 2013