Start Date: January 2003
Jerry M. Harris, Professor, Department of Geophysics, Stanford University
- 2007 Progress Report (PDF)
- 2006 Progress Report (PDF)
- 2005 Progress Report (PDF)
- 2004 Progress Report (PDF)
- Xu, C. “Estimation of effective compressibility and permeability of porous materials with differential acoustic resonance spectroscopy.” PhD thesis, Dept. of Geophysics, Stanford University (2007).
- Wu, Chunling, J.M. Harris, K.T. Nihei, and S. Nakagawa, Two-dimensional
finite difference seismic modeling of an open fluid-filled fracture:
Comparison of thin-layer and linear-slip models, Geophysics, Vol. 70, No. 4, pp. T57-T62, 2005
- Harris, J. M. and Akintunde, M., Time-lapse monitoring of coalbed
natural gas production: A case study from the Powder River basin, Wyoming Geological Survey, Rpt of Investigations No. 55, pp 109-125, 2005
- Wu, Chunling, Efficient seismic modeling in multi-scale heterogeneous
media. PhD Thesis, Department of Geophysics, Stanford University, 2005
- Wu, C. and J. M. Harris. “An optimized variable-grid finite-difference method for seismic forward modeling.” Journal of Seismic Exploration, Vol. 12, pp. 343-353 (2004). http://pangea.stanford.edu/~harris/pdffiles/JSEaccept.pdf
- Wynn, D. “Geophysical Monitoring of Geologic Sequestration in Aquifers and Depleted Oil and Gas Fields.” MS thesis, Dept. of Geophysics, Stanford University (2003).
- Xu, C., J. M. Harris, and Y. Quan. “Estimating Flow Properties of Porous Media with a Model for Dynamic Diffusion,” SEG Expanded Abstract, in press, 2006.
- Ajo-Franklin, J.B., Urban, J. & Harris, J.M. Temporal Integration of Seismic Traveltime Tomography. SEG Expanded Abstract. 2468-2471 (2005)
- Harris, J.M., Quan,Y. & Xu, C. Differential Acoustic Resonance Spectroscopy: An Experimental Method for Estimating Acoustic Attenuation in Porous Media. SEG Expanded Abstract. 1569-1572 (2005)
- Akintunde, O.M., Harris, J.M., Mukerji, T. & Urban, J. A Feasibility Study for CO2 Monitoring in Coal Bed Methane (CBM). Paper presented at the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Annual Convention, Dallas, TX, 2004.
- Orr, F.M., Jr., “CO2 Sequestration in the Earth’s Crust and Deep Ocean,” Guest lecture, Mechanical Engineering 370, Stanford University, April 8, 2004.
- Orr, F. M., Jr. “CO2 Sequestration in the Earth’s Crust and Deep Ocean,” National Research Council Committee on Alternative Strategies for Future Production and Use of Hydrogen, April 23, 2003.
- Orr, F. M., Jr. “Energy and Global Change: CO2 Sequestration in the Earth’s Crust and Deep Ocean,” Society of Petroleum Engineers, Los Angeles Section, December 9, 2003.
- Orr, F.M., Jr.: “Energy and Global Change: CO2 Sequestration in the Earth’s Crust and Deep Ocean,” Chemical Engineering Department, University of Utah, November 18, 2003.
- Orr, F. M., Jr., M. D. Zoback, and A. R. Kovscek “Geologic Sequestration of CO2: Storage Mechanisms and Potential for Leaks,” MIT Carbon Sequestration Forum, Cambridge, November 6, 2003.
- Seto, C. J., K. Jessen, and F. M. Orr. Jr. “Enhanced Condensate Recovery and CO2 Sequestration,” IEA Workshop on Enhanced Oil Recovery, Regina, Canada, September 7-10, 2003.
- Orr, F.M., Jr.: “Energy and Global Change: CO2 Sequestration in the Earth’s Crust and Deep Ocean,” Petroleum Engineering Department, University of Texas at Austin, March 31, 2003.
Updated February 2011