Start Date: September 2011
Sally Benson, Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Stanford University
- Yang, Y., Yang, F., Hingerl, F. F., Xiao, X., Liu, Y., Wu, Z., Benson, S. M. & Pianetta, P. (2015). Registration of the rotation axis in X-ray tomography. Journal of synchrotron radiation, 22(2), 452-457.
- Kuo, C. W., & Benson, S. M. (2015). Numerical and Analytical Study of Effects of Small Scale Heterogeneity on CO2/Brine Multiphase Flow System in Horizontal Corefloods. Advances in Water Resources.
- F.Yang, F.F. Hingerl, X.Xiao, Y.Liu, Z.Wu, S. M. Benson, M.F. Toney, (2015). Extraction of Pore-Morphology and Capillary Pressure Curves of Porous Media from Synchrotron-Based Tomography Data, Scientific Reports, in press.
- Krevor, S., Blunt, M. J., Benson, S. M., Pentland, C. H., Reynolds, C., Al-Menhali, A., & Niu, B. (2015). Capillary trapping for geologic carbon dioxide storage–From pore scale physics to field scale implications. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control.
- Ruprecht, C., Pini, R., Falta, R., Benson, S., & Murdoch, L., 2014. Hysteretic trapping and relative permeability of CO2 in sandstone at reservoir conditions. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 27, 15-27.
- Zuo, L., and S. M. Benson (2014), Process-dependent residual trapping of CO2 in sandstone, Geophys. Res. Lett., 41, 2820–2826.
- Krause, M., S. Krevor, and S. M. Benson. “A procedure for the accurate determination of sub-core scale permeability distributions with error quantification.” Transport in Porous Media 98, No. 3, 565-588 (2013).
- Zuo, L., C. Zhang, R. W. Falta, and S. M. Benson. “Micromodel investigations of CO2 exsolution from carbonated water in sedimentary rocks.” Advances in Water Resources 53, 188-197 (2013).
- “Strandli, C. W., and Benson, S. M., 2013. Identifying diagnostics for reservoir structure and CO2 plume migration from multilevel pressure measurements. Water Resources Research, 49(6), 3462-3475.”
- “Pini , R. and S.M. Benson, 2013. Simultaneous Determination of Capillary Pressure and Relative Permeability Curves from Core-Flooding Experiments with Various Fluid Pairs, Water Resources Research, v. 49, 3516–3530, doi:10.1002/wrcr.20274, 2013.”
- “Pini, R, and Sally M. Benson, 2013. Characterization and scaling of mesoscale heterogeneities in sandstones. Geophysical Research Letters 40.15: 3903-3908.”
- “Li, B., H.A. Tchelepi, and S.M. Benson (2013). Influence of capillary-pressure models on CO2 solubility trapping, Adv. Water Resour., 62, 488-498.”
- Hingerl, F.F., Romanenko, K., Pini, R., Balcom, B., Benson, S. (2014). Development and Comparison of Techniques for Generating Permeability Maps using Independent Experimental Approaches. EGU General Assembly 2014, Vienna Austria.
- Li, B., S.M. Benson, and H.A. Tchelepi (2014). Nonlinearity analysis of two-phase transport in porous media, European Geosciences Union General Assembly, April 27- May 2, Vienna, Austria.
- Li, B. and Tchelepi, H.A., Nonlinear solver for two-phase flow in porous media under viscous and buoyancy forces, SUPRI-B Annual Affiliate Meeting, 2014.
- Li, B. and Tchelepi, H.A., Nonlinearity analysis for two-phase flow in porous media, Stanford Center for Carbon Storage Annual Affiliate Meeting, 2014.
- Hingerl F., K. Romanenko, R. Pini, B. Balcom and S. Benson (2013), Modeling and comparative study of fluid velocities in heterogeneous rocks, EGU General Assembly, Vienna (Austria), April 7-12.
- Li, B. and , H.A., Tchelepi (2013), Nonlinearity of viscous, buoyancy, and heterogeneous capillary forces in porous media. 30th SUPRI-B Affiliate Meeting, Stanford University, Stanford (USA), May 6-7.
- Pini R., F. Hingerl and S. Benson (2013), Simultaneous Determination of Capillary Pressure and Relative Permeability Curves from Core-Flooding Experiments with Various Fluid Pairs, EGU General Assembly, Vienna (Austria), April 7-12.
- Pini, R., S. Krevor, M. Krause, S.M. Benson (2013). Capillary heterogeneity in sandstones rocks during CO2/water core-flooding experiments, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies (GHGT-11), Kyoto, Japan, November 18-22.
- S. M. Benson (2013), “Mesoscale Investigations of the Influence of Capillary Heterogeneity on Multiphase Flow of Fluids in Rocks,” Imperial College, London, U.K.
- S. M. Benson (2013), “Mesoscale Investigations of the Influence of Capillary Heterogeneity on Multiphase Flow of Fluids in Rocks”, SIAM Conference, Boston, Massachusetts.
- S. M. Benson (2013), “Research Needs and Opportunities in CO2 Storage,” Uppsala University, Stockholm, Sweden.
- S.M. Benson (2013), “CCS: When will it Be Ready?” UC Berkeley, BERC Energy Symposium.
- B. Li., H. Tchelepi, and S. M. Benson, 2013. The Influence of Capillary Entry-Pressure Representation on the Rate of CO2 Solubility Trapping, Proceedings, TOUGH Symposium 2012 Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, September 17-19, 2012
- Zuo L., S.M. Benson (2013). Exsolution Enhanced Oil Recovery with Concurrent CO2 Sequestration, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies (GHGT-11), Kyoto, Japan, November 18-22.
- Zuo, L., S. Benson (2013), CO2 Exsolution – A New Way to Control Mobility in Waterflooding, Stanford Center for Carbon Storage EOR workshop, Stanford University, Stanford (USA), January 23-24.
- Zuo, L., S. Benson (2013). Mobility Control by CO2 Exsolution – Micromodel and Coreflooding Experiments, Permian Basin CCUS Forum: CO2 Enhanced Oil Recovery – Operations in the Permian Basin, Odessa, TX (USA), March 25-26.
- Benson, S.M., Hingerl, F., Pini, R. (2013). Emerging Methods in Sub Core-Scale Imaging and Characterization of the Influence of Heterogeneity on Flow in Rocks. AGU Fall Meeting 2013, San Francisco, USA.
- Hingerl, F.F., Romanenko, K., Pini, R., Balcom, B., Benson, S. (2013). Comparative and experimental modeling study of fluid velocities in heterogeneous rocks. AGU Fall Meeting 2013, San Francisco, USA.
- Pini, R., Hingerl, F., Benson, S.M., Druhan, Vandehey, N.T., Van Hise, A.T., O’Neil, J.P. (2013). Dynamic Imaging of Fluid Flow in Sandstones by Nuclear Emission Tomography. AGU Fall Meeting 2013, San Francisco, USA.
- Pini, R., Hingerl, F., Benson, S.M. (2013). Characterizing Meso-Scale Heterogeneities in Reservoir Rocks. International Symposium of the Society of Core Analysts, Napa Valley, USA.
- Niemi, A., Bensabat, J., Edlmann, K., Pezard, P., Gouze, P., Lange, T., Ask, M., Benson, S., Hingerl, F., Tsang, C., Sharma, P., Sauter, M., Tatomir, A., Ghergut, J., Carrera, J., Fagerlund, F., Rasmusson, K., Rasmusson, M., Shtivelman, V. and the MUSTANG group. (2013). Pre-Injection Characterization Tests of Heletz (Israel) Site in Preparation
of Small-Scale CO2 Injection Experiments (2013). Trondheim CCS Conference 2013, Trondheim, Norway.
- Zuo, L., and S.M. Benson. “Mobility control by CO2 exsolution-micromodel and core flooding experiments”, Permian Basin CCUS Forum, Odessa Texas, March 25-26, 2013.
- Zuo, L., and S.M. Benson. “Water conformance and mobility control by CO2 exsolution”, Collaborative symposium on CO2 EOR between universities in Texas and Norway, oil industry in Texas and Norway and other CO2 EOR stake holders, November 19-21, 2013.
Updated July 2015