Start Date: January 2004
Kyeongjae (KJ) Cho, Mechanical Engineering; Bruce Clemens, Materials Science and Engineering; Hongjie Dai, Chemistry; Anders Nilsson, Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory, Stanford University
- 2006 Progress Report – Introduction: Kyeongjae Cho (pdf)
- 2006 Progress Report – Hongjie Dai (pdf)
- 2006 Progress Report – Bruce Clemens (pdf)
- 2006 Progress Report – Anders Nilsson (pdf)
- Bhowmick, R., B. M. Clemens, and B. A. Cruden. “Parametric analysis of chirality families and diameter distributions in single-wall carbon nanotube production by the oating catalyst method.” Carbon, Vol. 46, No. 6, pp. 907-922, doi:10.1016/j.carbon.2008.02.020 (2008).
- Nikitin, A. “Hydrogen Storage in Carboneous Materials Through the Formation of C-H Bonds.” PhD Thesis, Dept. of Applied Physics, Stanford University (2008).
- Niktin, A., X. Li, Z. Zhang, H. Ogasawara, H. Dai and A. Nilsson. “Hydrogen storage in carbon nanotubes through the formation of stable C-H bonds.” Nano. Lett., Vol. 8, No. 1, 162-167, doi:10.1021/nl072325k (2008).
- Nikitin, A., L. A. Naslund, Z. Zhang and A. Nilsson. “C-H bond formation at the graphite surface studied with core level spectroscopy.” Surface Science, Vol. 602, No. 14, pp. 2575-2580, doi:10.1016/j.susc.2008.06.012 (2008).
- Nikitin, A., X. Li, Z. Zhang, D. Mann, H. Ogasawara, H. Dai, and A. Nilsson. “Hydrogen storage in carbon nanotubes through the formation of C-H bonds,” (to be submitted, 2008).
- Lee, Y-W. “Hydrogen Storage Properties of Catalyst Metal-Doped Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes.” PhD Dissertation and Thesis, Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University (2007).
- Zhang Z. and K. Cho. “Ab initio study of hydrogen interaction with pure and nitrogen doped carbon nanotubes,” (submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett., 2006).
- Zhang, Z., H. Liu, and K. Cho. “Ab initio study of hydrogen storage capability of single walled carbon nanotubes,” (to be submitted to Nano Lett, 2006)
- Zhang, Z., B. Magyari-Kope, and K. J. Cho. “Ab initio study of Li3N for hydrogen storage: Hydrogenation and reconstruction of the surfaces,” (in preparation, 2006)
- Zhang, Z. and K. J. Cho. “Ab initio study of nucleation and diffusion of small Pd clusters on CNT,” (in preparation, 2006).
- Lee, Y-W., B. M. Clemens, and K. J. Gross, “Novel Sieverts’ type volumetric measurements of hydrogen storage properties for very small sample quantities.” J. Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 452, No. 2, pp. 410-413, doi:10.1016/j.jallcom.2006.11.014, (2008) (online, 2006).
- Zhang, G., Qi, P., Wang, X., Lu, Y., Mann, D., Li, X., & Dai, H. Hydrogenation and Hydrocarbonation and Etching of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128, 6026-6027 (2006)
- Nikitin, A., Ogasawara, H., Mann, D., Zhang, Z., Dai, H. & Nilsson, A. Hydrogenation of Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes. Phys. Rev. Lett. 95:22, 225507 (2005)
- Zhang, G., Mann, D., Zhang, L., Javey, A., Li, Y., Yenilmez, E., Wang, Q., McVittie, J., Nishi, Y., Gibbons, J., & Dai, H. Ultra-High-Yield Growth of Vertical Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes: Hidden Roles of Hydrogen and Oxygen. PNAS 102:45, 16141-16145 (2005)
- Lee, Y-W., R. Deshpande, A. C. Dillon, M. J. Heben, H. Dai, and B. M. Clemens. “The role of metal catalyst in near ambient hydrogen adsorption on multi-walled nanotubes,” Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., Vol. 837 (2005).
- Mann, D., N. Wong, S. Kam, X-W. Tang, Y. Li, D. Wang, Q. Wang, L. Zhang, R. Tu, Y-L. Chang, and H. Dai. “Wafer scale free-floating transferable films of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” (submitted, 2005).
- Orenstein, D. “Beyond Theory: Engineers hope nanotechnology can make hydrogen economy real.” Faculty Research Highlight, School of Engineering Website
Updated February 2011