Start Date: January 2004
Kyeongjae (KJ) Cho, Mechanical Engineering; Bruce Clemens, Materials Science and Engineering; Hongjie Dai, Chemistry; Anders Nilsson, Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory, Stanford University
- 2006 Progress Report – Introduction: Kyeongjae Cho (pdf)
- 2006 Progress Report – Hongjie Dai (pdf)
- 2006 Progress Report – Bruce Clemens (pdf)
- 2006 Progress Report – Anders Nilsson (pdf)
- Bhowmick, R., B. M. Clemens, and B. A. Cruden. “Parametric analysis of chirality families and diameter distributions in single-wall carbon nanotube production by the oating catalyst method.” Carbon, Vol. 46, No. 6, pp. 907-922, doi:10.1016/j.carbon.2008.02.020 (2008).
- Nikitin, A. “Hydrogen Storage in Carboneous Materials Through the Formation of C-H Bonds.” PhD Thesis, Dept. of Applied Physics, Stanford University (2008).
- Niktin, A., X. Li, Z. Zhang, H. Ogasawara, H. Dai and A. Nilsson. “Hydrogen storage in carbon nanotubes through the formation of stable C-H bonds.” Nano. Lett., Vol. 8, No. 1, 162-167, doi:10.1021/nl072325k (2008).
- Nikitin, A., L. A. Naslund, Z. Zhang and A. Nilsson. “C-H bond formation at the graphite surface studied with core level spectroscopy.” Surface Science, Vol. 602, No. 14, pp. 2575-2580, doi:10.1016/j.susc.2008.06.012 (2008).
- Nikitin, A., X. Li, Z. Zhang, D. Mann, H. Ogasawara, H. Dai, and A. Nilsson. “Hydrogen storage in carbon nanotubes through the formation of C-H bonds,” (to be submitted, 2008).
- Lee, Y-W. “Hydrogen Storage Properties of Catalyst Metal-Doped Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes.” PhD Dissertation and Thesis, Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University (2007).
- Zhang Z. and K. Cho. “Ab initio study of hydrogen interaction with pure and nitrogen doped carbon nanotubes,” (submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett., 2006).
- Zhang, Z., H. Liu, and K. Cho. “Ab initio study of hydrogen storage capability of single walled carbon nanotubes,” (to be submitted to Nano Lett, 2006)
- Zhang, Z., B. Magyari-Kope, and K. J. Cho. “Ab initio study of Li3N for hydrogen storage: Hydrogenation and reconstruction of the surfaces,” (in preparation, 2006)
- Zhang, Z. and K. J. Cho. “Ab initio study of nucleation and diffusion of small Pd clusters on CNT,” (in preparation, 2006).
- Lee, Y-W., B. M. Clemens, and K. J. Gross, “Novel Sieverts’ type volumetric measurements of hydrogen storage properties for very small sample quantities.” J. Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 452, No. 2, pp. 410-413, doi:10.1016/j.jallcom.2006.11.014, (2008) (online, 2006).
- Zhang, G., Qi, P., Wang, X., Lu, Y., Mann, D., Li, X., & Dai, H. Hydrogenation and Hydrocarbonation and Etching of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128, 6026-6027 (2006)
- Nikitin, A., Ogasawara, H., Mann, D., Zhang, Z., Dai, H. & Nilsson, A. Hydrogenation of Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes. Phys. Rev. Lett. 95:22, 225507 (2005)
- Zhang, G., Mann, D., Zhang, L., Javey, A., Li, Y., Yenilmez, E., Wang, Q., McVittie, J., Nishi, Y., Gibbons, J., & Dai, H. Ultra-High-Yield Growth of Vertical Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes: Hidden Roles of Hydrogen and Oxygen. PNAS 102:45, 16141-16145 (2005)
- Lee, Y-W., R. Deshpande, A. C. Dillon, M. J. Heben, H. Dai, and B. M. Clemens. “The role of metal catalyst in near ambient hydrogen adsorption on multi-walled nanotubes,” Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., Vol. 837 (2005).
- Mann, D., N. Wong, S. Kam, X-W. Tang, Y. Li, D. Wang, Q. Wang, L. Zhang, R. Tu, Y-L. Chang, and H. Dai. “Wafer scale free-floating transferable films of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” (submitted, 2005).
- Orenstein, D. “Beyond Theory: Engineers hope nanotechnology can make hydrogen economy real.” Faculty Research Highlight, School of Engineering Website
- Nanostructured Materials for Hydrogen Storage, American Vacuum Society, Thin Film Users Group, 7 March 2007.
- Nanomaterials for Hydrogen Storage, Johns-Hopkins University, 9 March 2007.
- Nanostructures for Hydrogen Storage, University of Pennsylvania Department of Materials Science and Engineering Colloquium, 12 October 2006.
- Nanostructures for Hydrogen Storage, Energy Nanotechnology Conference, MIT 26-28 June 2006.
- Nanostructures for Hydrogen Storage, Telluride Workshop on Chemical Modification of Surfaces, August 2006.
- Nanostructures for Hydrogen Storage, Technical University of Denmark, Chemistry Department Colloquium, June 2006.
- Lee, Yong-Won; Bhowmick, Ranadeep; Clemens, Bruce M., “The capacity enhancement of room temperature hydrogen storage in HiPco SWNT by electrochemical deposition of palladium nanoparticles,” Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings; 2006; v.927, p.49-54, Conference: 2006 MRS Spring Meeting; Apr 17-21 2006; San Francisco, CA, United States
- Zhiyong Zhang, Henry Liu and Kyeongjae, “Ab Initio Study of Hydrogen Storage on CNT”, MRS Spring Meeting, San Francisco, CA, Apr 17-20, 2006
- Zhiyong Zhang, Henry Liu, and KJ Cho, “Ab Initio Study of Hydrogen Storage on CNT”, International Congress of Nanotechnology, San Francisco, CA, Oct 31- Nov 4, 2005
- Phase Stability and Kinetics in Nanomaterials, 2005 Symposium on Nanoscale Materials, Processes and Devices, Khonna, Hawaii, November 2005.
- Nanostructures for Hydrogen Storage, Materials Research Society, Boston, MA, November 2005.
- Structure and Kinetics of Nanoparticle and Model Hydrogen Storage Materials, Next Generation Neutron Source Workshop, San Diego, CA, June 2005.
- Y.-W. Lee, R. Bhowmick, and B.M. Clemens, Hydrogen Storage in Palladium and Platinum-doped SWNTs by spill-over mechanism, Materials Research Society 2006 Fall meeting, Z6.6, Boston, MA (2006)
- Y.-W. Lee, R. Bhowmick, H. Dai and B.M. Clemens, Hydrogen Storage in Carbon Nanotube and Palladium Composite Materials, American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting, Nuclear Engineering Division 424A, San Francisco, CA (2006)
- Y.-W. Lee, R. Bhowmick, H. Dai and B.M. Clemens, “Hydrogen Storage Enhancement of HiPco Single-walled Carbon Nanotubes by Palladium Doping”, 232nd American Chemical Society National Meeting, Division of Fuel Chemistry 239, San Francisco, CA (2006)
- Y.-W. Lee, R. Bhowmick and B.M. Clemens, “The Enhancement of Room Temperature Hydrogen Uptake Capacity in HiPco SWNTs by Palladium Catalyst Nanoparticels, Materials Research Society 2006 Spring Meeting, EE3.29, San Francisco, CA (2006)Updated February 2011