The Most Desirable Housing on Campus
All of these research components and sustainable strategies will contribute towards making this row house the most attractive residence on campus. Residential education will be taken to a new level with students engaged in learning about the local and global impacts of their lifestyles on a daily basis. The architectural design of the dorm will be guided by respect for the residential quality of neighboring row-houses. The highest levels of indoor environmental quality and thermal comfort will foster health and happiness amongst residents.
The building will:
- Be a popular row-house that places at the top of the housing draw
- Use a design which balances privacy and community
- Have access to programs and research contributes profoundly to the goals of residential education
- Provide building feedback loops to encourage sustainable lifestyles as students monitor the results of their living habits
- Be designed to the highest standards of thermal comfort, occupant health, lighting and acoustic quality