David Geeter, Earth Systems, Class of 2011
Participate in the Green Dorm Project!
Enroll in CEE124/224a: Sustainable Development Studio
WHEN: Tuesdays, 7-8pm.
WHERE: Y2E2 Building, Room 270 Map
(2nd Fl. Glass Room overlooking the Yellow Atrium)
Click here to get involved!
Goals for the Stanford
- Indoor environmental quality: 100% daylight, fresh air, and green
- Guiltless hot showers and cold beer
- Experiencing the experiment: metering, monitoring, display, and documentation
- Flexibility for testing sustainable building technologies
- Addressing global warming by building a net zero carbon building
- Phased development of a water system to close the water cycle
- Consideration of social and environmental costs in addition to financial cost
- Examining the lifecycle impacts for all resources used
U.S. EPA awards $75,000 to Lotus Lab researchers in second annual People, Prosperity and the Planet student design competition. Read More…
Green Building Initiative recognizes the Stanford Green Dorm as the "Most Innovative Sustainable Commercial Design Project" with $1000 Award.
Released in late March 2006, this revealing in-depth study is a major step in developing the Stanford Green Dorm. Read More…
Student and faculty research projects for the green dorm. Read More…