Welcome to the Research and HD section of the website! In the past decade, intensive research efforts have given scientists a much better understanding of how HD damages the brain. With this improved insight, researchers throughout the world are actively investigating and testing ways to delay, stop, or reverse the course of the disease.
This section is divided into 5 groups. The “Conferences and Conventions” section contains updates from HD conventions around the world. The “Research Basics” section describes how researchers study HD; the “Research Updates” section talks about some of the discoveries that have been made, and future areas that scientists might study in the future. The “HD Scientists” section gives some insight into the work that some individuals are doing, and the “Research Institutions” section talks about some major sites of HD research.
- Weight Loss: Demystifying a Medical Mystery
- “Normal” Huntingtin and Huntington’s disease
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells: the Future of Tissue Regeneration
- Adipose Derived Stem Cells and HD: The Real Application of iPSCs
- Induced Neurons
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Dietary Restriction
- Prion-like Behavior of the Huntingtin Protein
- Stem Cells
- The Scientific Approach
- Inhibition of Mitochondrial Protein Import by Mutant Huntingtin
- Emotional Recognition Deficits
- Trojan Therapy
- Transgenic HD Monkey Models