Instructor Machine Registration
From Language Center Technology Resources
[ short url: http://goo.gl/urz9n ]
Instructors can register their machines (computer, tablet, phone, or other device) using an online tool.
- Once you have their SUNetID, you should bring your device to campus and connect to the Stanford wi-fi.
- Open a browser and try to go to a website, and you will get the self-registration tool. This requires their SUNetID and password.
- Complete the self-registration, which includes downloading a registration tool, and possibly anti-virus software.
- Within about 20 min at most – usually it happens immediately – of completing this process, you will have internet access.
Detailed instructions can be found at:
- Connecting to Stanford's Wireless Network with Mac OS X
- Connecting to Stanford's Wireless Network with Windows 7
- Wireless Access for Stanford Visitors
- All users will automatically be put into 2-step authentication. We strongly recommend the Google Authenticator app over the SMS and paper list options.
- Sometimes, returning instructors do not remember their passwords. If this happens you should call 555-HELP to begin the password re-set process.