From Language Center Technology Resources
This website contains information about the technology resources available for Language Center instructors. It is maintained by the Language Center Academic Technology Specialist (LCATS) Ken Romeo (kenro at stanford dot edu). If you don't find what you are looking for, please see What about ...?
Assessment: LC, CourseWork, SOPIs
- Stanford Language Center - The Language Center website has links to staff information, test schedules and test results.
- Placement Test Resources - Test center notices, digital audio recorder instructions, and other resources related to placement testing.
- Course Testing - Information for creating and scheduling midterms, finals, and other summative assessments for Language Center courses.
- SOPI - The SOPI website has information about the Simulated Oral Proficiency Interviews given at the end of every academic year, including schedules and instructions for instructors and staff. A rough schedule of preparations for upcoming year-end assessments can be found on the Current SOPIWPA Timeline
- WPA - The WPA website has information about the Writing Proficiency Assessment given at the end of every academic year, including schedules and instructions for instructors and staff.
- CourseWork Resources - FAQs, guides and best practices for CW5, mostly for instructors, but also including some more overview and future topics. For topics not covered here, including setting up program project and resource sites, please contact the LCATS.
Desktop and Online Tools
- Audio, Video, and Desktop tools
- Wikis, Blogs, and Online tools - Includes links to Stanford Box.com, Google Apps, some Zimbra instructions and a few flashcard/quiz sites.
- Stanford Sites - Set up your own Drupal website (for individuals). Tutorials available at the User Guide.
- Self-help Web Design Resources - Templates, style guides, graphics and art (for programs, not individuals).
- University Web Resources - General information and links for both individuals and programs.
- Mid-quarter evaluations - Resources for delivering evaluations online.
- Building Qualtrics Surveys for EFS & ALC Course Evaluations:
- Personal Release Agreements - this is a page in Stanford's Copyright and Fair Use website with a couple sample forms that can be adapted to your specific uses.
- OPI Role Play Prompts - A free and open collection of prompts. Stanford community members are encouraged to contribute.
Orientations and Communications
- Tutorial - Instructions for the self-study CourseWork tutorial for Language Center instructors.
- Current Workshop Schedule - A schedule for the current quarter.
- Jumpstart Orientation - For coordinators building program websites using the SWS Jumpstart template.
- New Instructor Orientation - A list of things (with links) that I usually cover for new instructors.
- Instructor Machine Registration - For both summer/temporary and long-term instructors.
- EFS Instructional Technology Orientation - For all programs.
- EFS 688 Technology Orientation - For the summer intensive program.
- ALC (EFS 687) Technology Orientation - For the summer American Language and Culture program.
- NetDB Entry Details - For temporary instructors, and other non-standard-issue equipment.
- Assessment Timeline - Key dates in SOPI and WPA administration, including language program coordinator and ACS staff meetings.
- Information Security and Copyright Guidelines - Notices and presentations to instructors
- Technology Use and Presentational Language - Slides and handout from Sept 2011
- General Meeting Slides - pptx From Sept 2013
- Technology at the Language Center: Overview - This is the information I usually give to visitors, such as job candidates.
- About this website