Creating New Assignments
From Language Center Technology Resources
Revision as of 12:35, 16 September 2011 by Kenro
[ Short url: http://goo.gl/9dvup ]
- Copying assignments
- Copying assignments within a site - Good for making new assignments similar to existing ones.
- Import all assignments from another site - Good for getting everything from a resource site.
- Copying ONE Assignment from Another Site - If the resource site has more than you need, you can do one at at a time.
- Creating your own assignment
- Under Create New Assignment, type a unique name next to the Title and click Create. Add items by using the drop-down menu next to Insert New Question.
- Adding text - How to use the text boxes, especially when copying and pasting.
- Adding attachments - Some file types can be embedded in the page, others will be linked.
- Embedding Video - How to embed web video from sources like YouTube.
- Delivery Dates - Set the release, due and retract dates.
- Feedback - Set when students get feedback and what they can see when they get it.
- Grading - Options for seeing student identities, sending scores to the Gradebook, and recording scores of multiple submissions.
- Organization - Linear or random access to items, how much is on a page, and numbering.
- Submissions - How many submissions allowed, late handling, and automatic submissions.
- Question Types
- Published Assignments
- Editing and Publishing an Existing Assignment - A bit more complicated than it sounds, especially if some students have already started or completed the assignment.
Back to CourseWork Tutorial