Whole Foods CEO, John Mackey, spoke at the school last week, sharing his vision for a new business paradigm. He calls it ‘compassionate capitalism,’ blending a relatively laissez-faire stance in regard to government and regulation of the marketplace, as well as a belief that business leaders need to effectively serve a broad set of stakeholders [...]
Monthly Archive for February, 2010
- Ford CEO, Alan Mulally, on remarkable turnaround: It took leadership, courage, and service to something great.
- Deb Gruenfeld and Lauren Zander point out the risks of ‘authentic leadership’.
- Did your mom nag you about having good posture? Turns out she was a leadership guru.
- Do guilty people make better leaders? Professor Frank Flynn says ‘yes’. At least you have that going for you.
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2010 GSB Executive Challenge
- Stanford students ring the NYSE closing bell to end a good day on the market