Richard Fairbank, founder, chairman and CEO of Capital One, encouraged students last week to avoid jobs that sound seductive, but are really only a way to build their resume for the next stage. At a View From The Top talk on 10/16, he encouraged students to aim high. “Chase the dream,” even if the odds seem long. In life, he suggested, “the worst teacher is success. Failure is so much more valuable.”
Tag Archive 'ceo'
- Ford CEO, Alan Mulally, on remarkable turnaround: It took leadership, courage, and service to something great.
- Deb Gruenfeld and Lauren Zander point out the risks of ‘authentic leadership’.
- Did your mom nag you about having good posture? Turns out she was a leadership guru.
- Do guilty people make better leaders? Professor Frank Flynn says ‘yes’. At least you have that going for you.
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2010 GSB Executive Challenge
- Stanford students ring the NYSE closing bell to end a good day on the market