- Congrats to Ehren Mannebach who successfully defended his thesis probing ultrafast processes in transition metal dichalcogenides.
- Congrats to Burak Guzelturk who wins the JCI Turkey Chapter Ten Outstanding Young Persons (TOYP) 2016 Award for Scientific and Technological Development.
- Welcome to new post-doctoral fellow Burak Guzelturk!
- Congratulations to Te Hu who successfully defends his thesis studying ultrafast structural dynamics in the hybrid perovskites.
- Congratulations to Michael Shu who successfully defends his thesis studying electric-field-driven switching processes in phase-change materials. First paper on this now accepted at Physical Review Letters!
- Congratulations to former post-doc Haidan Wen who wins the DOE Career Award!
- Frank Chen successfully defends his thesis on ultrafast terahertz-driven processes in ferroelectrics
- Ehren Mannebach's paper on the ultrafast structural response of monolayer MoS2 accepted in Nano Letters. This represents the first direct studies of these processes using ultrafast electron scattering probes.
- Congratulations to Renee Sher who will start as a new Assistant Professor at Wesleyan University in the fall of 2016.
- Congratulations to Frank Chen who's paper on ultrafast electric-field-driven effects in ferroelectrics is accepted to Advanced Materials.
- Welcome to new post-doc Xiaoxi Wu!
- 4th group death hike to Eastern Sierra - 20 miles in one day up to Thousand Island Lake near Banner Peak
- Yi-Hong Kuo successfully defends his thesis entitled "Ultrafast response of a single ferroelectric nanowire".
- Congratulations to post-doc Dr. Peter Zalden who has moved on to a new research position at the Center for Ultrafast Imaging and the European XFEL in Hamburg, Germany.
- Congratulations to Dr. Erzsi Szilagyi who's paper probing nanocrystal structural dynamics and melting was published in Nature Communications.
- Congratulations to former group member Tim Miller who has won the ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Fellowship at ICFO (Institute of Photonic Sciences) in Spain.
- Congratulations to Ehren Mannebach for his first paper on the ultrafast structural and electronic response of 2D MoS2 monolayers, published in ACS Nano.
- Third group death hike to Graveyard Peak in the central Sierra. Forced to turn back near the summit when a thunderstorm approaches. Photo
- Erzsi Szilagyi successfully defends her thesis entitled "Ultrafast x-ray tomography of breathing mode excitations in semiconductor nanocrystals
- Sanghee Nah and YiHong Kuo's paper probing the ultrafast dynamics of a single optically-trapped ferroelectric nanowire accepted in Nano Letters.
- Michael Shu's paper representing the first study of femtosecond electric-field-driven processes in phase-change materials accepted in Applied Physics Letters.
- New paper by Mike Kozina and Te Hu published, representing the first time-resolved work coming out of SSRL using the new low-alpha short pulse mode.
- Congratulations to Ehren Mannebach for winning a best poster award at the MRS Spring meeting for his work probing the ultrafast structural response of 2D materials.
- New paper by Josh Wittenberg et al. on nanocrystal phase transformations published in Nano Letters.
- Second group death hike to Eastern Sierra. All return alive. Photo1. Photo2.
- Welcome to new post-docs Peter Zalden and Renee Sher
- Congrats to Michael Shu who's first paper on the ultrafast response of phase-change materials is accepted in Applied Physics Letters.
- Tim Miller wins silver medal, MRS Fall 2012 Meeting
- Tim Miller's paper on nanoscale superionicity accepted in Nature Communications
- Tim Miller successfully defends his thesis entitled "Real-time studies of the mechanisms of nanocrystal structural phase changes"
- Welcome to two new graduate students, Michael Shu and Te Hu and two new post-docs, Ioannis Chatzakis and Sanghee Nah
- Tim Miller named recipient of Melvin P. Klein Scientific Development Award
- Dan Daranciang successfully defends his thesis entitled "Ultrafast photovoltaic response in ferroelectric thin films"- the first in the group!
- Dan Daranciang's paper on ultrafast processes in ferroelectrics published in Phys. Rev. Lett.
- Lindenberg group death hike to Mt. Agassiz in Eastern Sierra
- Frank Chen wins an NSF Graduate Student Fellowship
- Dan Daranciang's paper on intense single-cycle THz light pulses published in Appl. Phys. Lett - new record field strengths!
- John Goodfellow wins a DOE SCGF Graduate Student Fellowship