- Congratulations to Ehren Mannebach for his first paper on the ultrafast structural and electronic response of 2D MoS2 monolayers, published in ACS Nano.
- Third group death hike to Graveyard Peak in the central Sierra. Forced to turn back near the summit when a thunderstorm approaches. Photo
- Sanghee Nah and YiHong Kuo's paper probing the ultrafast dynamics of a single optically-trapped ferroelectric nanowire accepted in Nano Letters.
- Michael Shu's paper representing the first study of femtosecond electric-field-driven processes in phase-change materials accepted in Applied Physics Letters.
- New paper by Mike Kozina and Te Hu published, representing the first time-resolved work coming out of SSRL using the new low-alpha short pulse mode.
- Congratulations to Ehren Mannebach for winning a best poster award at the MRS Spring meeting for his work probing the ultrafast structural response of 2D materials.
- New paper by Josh Wittenberg et al. on nanocrystal phase transformations published in Nano Letters.
- Second biannual group death hike to Eastern Sierra. All return alive. Photo1. Photo2.
- Welcome to new post-docs Peter Zalden and Renee Sher
- Congrats to Michael Shu who's first paper on the ultrafast response of phase-change materials is accepted in Applied Physics Letters.
- Tim Miller wins silver medal, MRS Fall 2012 Meeting
- Tim Miller's paper on nanoscale superionicity accepted in Nature Communications
- Tim Miller successfully defends his thesis entitled "Real-time studies of the mechanisms of nanocrystal structural phase changes"
- Welcome to two new graduate students, Michael Shu and Te Hu and two new post-docs, Ioannis Chatzakis and Sanghee Nah
- Tim Miller named recipient of Melvin P. Klein Scientific Development Award
- Dan Daranciang successfully defends his thesis entitled "Ultrafast photovoltaic response in ferroelectric thin films"- the first in the group!
- Dan Daranciang's paper on ultrafast processes in ferroelectrics published in Phys. Rev. Lett.
- Lindenberg group death hike to Mt. Agassiz in Eastern Sierra
- Frank Chen wins an NSF Graduate Student Fellowship
- Dan Daranciang's paper on intense single-cycle THz light pulses published in Appl. Phys. Lett - new record field strengths!
- John Goodfellow wins a DOE SCGF Graduate Student Fellowship