Graduates of 2008
BACHELOR OF ARTS & SCIENCE
Immediate plans for graduates of 2008 include:
- Summer software engineering intern for Google at their San Francisco office; then return to Stanford to finish CS coterm in software theory, which is a combination of theoretical CS with a slightly more applied-systems focus.
- Accepted offer to do webdesign/development for WikiSpaces in San Francisco.
- Work this autumn in NY in McKinsey’s Business Technology Office; consider a graduate degree in the future.
- Work full-time in New York at Goldman Sachs in their Public Sector and Infrastructure Banking Group. This group does large project and infrastructure financing as well as municipal financing.
- Software engineer for DRW Trading in Chicago
- Future plans include actuarial training and a return for MS in Financial Math
- Attend University of Texas,Austin next year for a MS in Computer Science. As she is theory-oriented, will focus in computer science theory.
- Join Merrill Lynch’s Investment Banking division in New York as full-time analyst in their Global Leveraged Finance Group
- Work as software engineer in Sunnyvale while preparing applications to PhD program in CS with a focus on artificial intelligence or biocomputation.
- Move to New York to the consulting firm Oliver Wyman.
- Perform scientific computing research here at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center over the summer. Then begin study for MS at Stanford’s Institute of Computational and Mathematical Engineering.
- Actively seeking employment in local startups and with professional sports franchises as an analyst.
- Doing bond and derivatives trading at Soldman Sachs in New York
- Work in quantitative finance.
- Return to Stanford for MS in the Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering.
- Complete MS in Statistics during the summer. Long-term plans envisage move to Austin, TX where he hopes to become an adept stock trader.
- Work for Google in NY as a software engineer. During the summer will teach English and Math in Papua, New Guinea.