Graduates of 2009
BACHELOR OF ARTS & SCIENCE
Immediately following graduation, members of the class of 2009 were headed in many directions:
- Analyst in Global Equity Electronic Trading division of RBC Capital Markets.
- Co-term in statistics, hoping to finish MS.
- Pursue a full time career in derivatives trading with Optiver
- Job offer from small New York firm that evaluates companies’ credit worthiness.
- Full-time employment in management consulting firm in San Francisco
- Research fellow for Professor Daniel Ho at the Stanford Law School.
- Returning home to San Diego seeking employment opportunities, but with statistics graduate degree in the future.
- Entering PhD program in Biophysics at Caltech.
- Enrolled in MS program in global management at RPI.
- Complete MS in Statistics at Stanford, and looking to a future PhD
- Complete MS in Management Science and Engineering at Stanford.
- Having received also a BA in Economics, he is “80% leaning towards heading off to Georgetown Law.”
- Working in San Francisco at Watson Wyatt, a global consulting firm. Appreciative of the MCS department for all its help and support. The coursework she found challenging, diverse, and interesting.
- MS student in Stanford’s School of Education Teacher Education Program. Having received a very generous fellowship from the Woodrow Wilson Foundation, she is preparing to be a high school mathematics teacher.
- Will intern at Google this summer and return to Stanford to complete MS in Computer Science.
- Pursue graduate study in architecture and construction management.
- Begin PhD in Biostatistics and computational Biology at Harvard University, most likely working on genomics research. “MCS is a terrific major and I am glad I have found it early on in my undergrad career. It allows much flexibility but at the same time gives me necessary background to dive deep into any topic in mathematical science.”
- Complete a co-term in Statistics and apply for PhD in Applied Math in the future.
- MS program in Biomedical Informatics with future plans for medical school
- With a BA in Economics and MS in Financial Math, now working in private equity in Boston
- Accepted to Harvard University MS program in Technology, Innovation and Education where he seeks to further explore intersection between design, business and education.
- Working at Deloite in San Jose in the transfer pricing department
- With a BA in Economics, will be completing MS in Management Science & Engineering and then work with high-frequency algorithmic grading
- Attend University of Wisconsin-Madison in Actuarial Science MS program.