This blog post is part 3 of 3. For part one click here; for part two click...
Professor Perez is an Associate Professor of Education at Claremont Graduate University. His research focuses on the social and psychological development of immigrant youth. He also studies the academic achievement and higher education access of Latino students. His most recent work examines the achievement motivation and civic engagement of undocumented students. Before joining CGU, professor Perez worked at various research institutes including the RAND Corporation, the Stanford Institute for Higher Education Research, the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, and the Tomas Rivera Policy Institute.
Publications about undocumented students by Professor Perez:
- Perez, W. (In Press). Exceptional Students, Marginal Lives: Achievement and Civic Engagement Among Undocumented Latino Youths.: Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Perez, W., Cortes, R. (In Press). Socioemotional and Academic Experiences of Undocumented Latino/a Community College Students. Dallas, TX: LFB Scholarly Publishing.
- Perez, W., Cortes, R., Ramos, K., & Coronado, H. (In Press). Cursed and blessed: Examining the socioemotional and academic experiences of undocumented Latino/a college students. New Directions for Student Services.
- Perez, W., Espinoza, R., Ramos, K., Coronado, H, Cortes, R. (2010). Civic Engagement Patterns of Undocumented Mexican Students. Journal of Hispanic Higher Education.
- Perez, W. (2010). Higher Education Access for Undocumented Students: Recommendations for Counseling Professionals. Journal of College Admission.
- Perez, W. (2010). Extending Our Investments: Higher Education Access for Undocumented Students. Diversity & Democracy.
- Perez, W. (2009). We ARE Americans: Undocumented Students Pursuing The American Dream. Stylus Publishing: Sterling, VA.
- Perez, W., Espinoza, R., Ramos, K., Coronado, H, Cortes, R. (2009). Academic Resilience Among Undocumented Latino Students. Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences.
- Perez, W. (2009). Can Undocumented Students Earn the Right to be Recognized as Americans? The Flame: The Magazine of Claremont Graduate University.
- Perez, W. (2009). Loss of Talent? Citizenship and Higher Education Access for Undocumented Students. The Claremont Letter.
This blog post is part 2 of 3. For part one click here; for part three click ...