UPDATE & VIDEO: Qaddafi killed
By Shadi Bushra, published October, 2011
Update: Although the facts are not all in yet, it appears that Qaddafi was captured alive and then subsequently killed. The TNC will be holding a news conference later in the day to give their take on the events.
A number of sources within the Transitional National Council have claimed that Moammar Qaddafi has been killed in the fighting at Sirt, his hometown and the last major pocket of violence. More on this soon, in the interim below are the reports from major American, British, and Middle Eastern media outlets.
Leave a comment »
Share this Article
- U. Of Cincinnati Shooting Puts Spotlight on Campus Police - New York Times
- Dylann Roof pleads not guilty -- but wants to plead guilty -- in Charleston case - USA TODAY
- Clinton health care statement: Which medications is Hillary taking? - Fox News
- Plane Debris Is Probably From Flight 370, Australians Say - New York Times
- 18-Month-Old Boy Burned to Death in West Bank Laid to Rest - ABC News
- St. Louis County Biased Against Black Juveniles, Justice Department Finds - New York Times
- Racing to reach $100 million, Bush super PAC fundraising spiked in last three ... - Washington Post
- Experimental Ebola Vaccine Could Stop Virus in West Africa - ABC News
- Coast Guard plans to suspend search for Florida teens - USA TODAY
- Man arrested after his vehicle hits barricade at US Capitol, police say - Washington Post
The hush-hush of politics is controlling a segment of people without those people recognizing the... (Perspective: Occupy Stanford, Occupy The Future, and Why Care? )
yeah you are right, internet does provides a bridge between politicians and common people, i have... (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
That the question, Who cares if I sign this petition? (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
Yes Lee, the similarities between 1932 and 2011 are very strong.
The two prevailing factors to m... (Social Unrest and Money Printing: Is 2011 America's New 1932?)
The more I read the more depressed I become. There are now millions of former WWII children of wa... (Norway’s New Prisons: Could They Work Here?)