UPDATE & VIDEO: Qaddafi killed
By Shadi Bushra, published October, 2011
Update: Although the facts are not all in yet, it appears that Qaddafi was captured alive and then subsequently killed. The TNC will be holding a news conference later in the day to give their take on the events.
A number of sources within the Transitional National Council have claimed that Moammar Qaddafi has been killed in the fighting at Sirt, his hometown and the last major pocket of violence. More on this soon, in the interim below are the reports from major American, British, and Middle Eastern media outlets.
Leave a comment »
Share this Article
- Image of a Small, Still Syrian Boy Brings Migration Crisis Into Focus - New York Times
- Clerk in Kentucky Chooses Jail Over Deal on Same-Sex Marriage - New York Times
- South Bay Congressman Mike Honda Facing House Ethics Investigation - CBS Local
- Fox Lake officer's killing: Police check possibly 'significant' video - CNN
- Shooting kills one, wounds two at community college in Sacramento - Reuters
- 3 California deputies arrested; inmate died of blunt trauma - seattlepi.com
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Dylann Roof in Charleston Shootings - New York Times
- Justice Department: Agencies need warrants to use cellphone trackers - Washington Post
- Mass. police say officer made up story about shooting that sparked a manhunt - Washington Post
- Student With a DWI Uses Barbie Jeep to Get Around Campus - TIME
The hush-hush of politics is controlling a segment of people without those people recognizing the... (Perspective: Occupy Stanford, Occupy The Future, and Why Care? )
yeah you are right, internet does provides a bridge between politicians and common people, i have... (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
That the question, Who cares if I sign this petition? (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
Yes Lee, the similarities between 1932 and 2011 are very strong.
The two prevailing factors to m... (Social Unrest and Money Printing: Is 2011 America's New 1932?)
The more I read the more depressed I become. There are now millions of former WWII children of wa... (Norway’s New Prisons: Could They Work Here?)