UPDATE & VIDEO: Qaddafi killed
By Shadi Bushra, published October, 2011
Update: Although the facts are not all in yet, it appears that Qaddafi was captured alive and then subsequently killed. The TNC will be holding a news conference later in the day to give their take on the events.
A number of sources within the Transitional National Council have claimed that Moammar Qaddafi has been killed in the fighting at Sirt, his hometown and the last major pocket of violence. More on this soon, in the interim below are the reports from major American, British, and Middle Eastern media outlets.
Leave a comment »
Share this Article
- Baltimore TV station evacuated after man claims to have bomb - CBS News
- Donald Trump and his supporters wonder how much being 'presidential' matters - Los Angeles Times
- FBI arrests brother of San Bernardino terrorist and 2 others on marriage fraud charges - Los Angeles Times
- Boehner calls Cruz 'Lucifer in the flesh' - CNN
- Prince's death, Day 8: Judge seals search warrant - USA TODAY
- Airstrike destroys Syrian hospital amid fears of 'catastrophic' turn in fighting - Washington Post
- North Korea test-fires two intermediate-range missiles, both fail: South Korea - Reuters
- With Iraq Mired in Turmoil, Some Call for Partitioning the Country - New York Times
- Zionism and Hitler? A guide to the wild scandal rocking Britain's left - Washington Post
- China Approves Strict Control of Foreign NGOs - New York Times
The hush-hush of politics is controlling a segment of people without those people recognizing the... (Perspective: Occupy Stanford, Occupy The Future, and Why Care? )
yeah you are right, internet does provides a bridge between politicians and common people, i have... (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
That the question, Who cares if I sign this petition? (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
Yes Lee, the similarities between 1932 and 2011 are very strong.
The two prevailing factors to m... (Social Unrest and Money Printing: Is 2011 America's New 1932?)
The more I read the more depressed I become. There are now millions of former WWII children of wa... (Norway’s New Prisons: Could They Work Here?)