UPDATE & VIDEO: Qaddafi killed
By Shadi Bushra, published October, 2011
Update: Although the facts are not all in yet, it appears that Qaddafi was captured alive and then subsequently killed. The TNC will be holding a news conference later in the day to give their take on the events.
A number of sources within the Transitional National Council have claimed that Moammar Qaddafi has been killed in the fighting at Sirt, his hometown and the last major pocket of violence. More on this soon, in the interim below are the reports from major American, British, and Middle Eastern media outlets.
Leave a comment »
Share this Article
- Suspect in Shooting of Fargo Police Officer Jason Moszer Found Dead - NBCNews.com
- NATO orders warships into Aegean to help ease migrant crisis - Washington Post
- Cosmic breakthrough: Physicists detect gravitational waves from violent black-hole merger - Washington Post
- 'Insult to Homicide': Cleveland Sues Tamir Rice's Family for Ambulance Fees - The Atlantic
- Teacher kills 6 at Saudi Arabia educational facility, state TV reports - Fox News
- 52 dead in riot at Mexico's Topo Chico prison - CNN
- Kerry wants 'all or nothing' truce at Syria talks - Reuters
- Remaining Oregon refuge occupiers say they'll turn themselves in - Fox News
- Royal Caribbean apologizes to Anthem ship passengers battered by storm - wtkr.com
- Bernie Sanders Intrigues a South Carolina Town That Loves Hillary Clinton - New York Times
The hush-hush of politics is controlling a segment of people without those people recognizing the... (Perspective: Occupy Stanford, Occupy The Future, and Why Care? )
yeah you are right, internet does provides a bridge between politicians and common people, i have... (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
That the question, Who cares if I sign this petition? (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
Yes Lee, the similarities between 1932 and 2011 are very strong.
The two prevailing factors to m... (Social Unrest and Money Printing: Is 2011 America's New 1932?)
The more I read the more depressed I become. There are now millions of former WWII children of wa... (Norway’s New Prisons: Could They Work Here?)