The Center for Sustainable Development and Global Competitiveness (CSDGC) at Stanford University engages in research and educational programs that integrate business development strategies with leadership practices that will ensure enterprise growth and success within a healthy and sustainable natural environment.
We believe future economic and business development and competition will be conducted in the context of increasing environmental concerns and limited natural and human resources. Building competitive advantage in a global economy will require addressing the needs of smart business development and innovation in a rapidly changing business ecosystem, while fulfilling our social and environmental responsibilities and building a long-lasting foundation for sustainable development.
CSDGC will provide a platform for Stanford's research and educational communities to collaborate with affiliated global business community members to promote sustainable development while maintaining competitiveness.
We have set our priority goals to reflect our influential position at the crossroads of technological, industrial, economic and social advancement. These goals focus on empowering people and inspiring the mobilization of resources to create solution successes.
- To promote understanding of the importance of a healthy environment for business success.
- To promote wide acceptance of business policies and practices that will reduce environmental degradation and enhance economic and social well-being.
- To establish a collaborative environment that encourages innovative ideas and business models related to sustainable development.
- To facilitate rapid commercialization of technologies, techniques, and ideas that support sustainability and are derived from research at Stanford University.
CSDGC invites scholars, government officials, industrial executives and experts from around the world to participate in knowledge sharing and collaboration, and provide topics for discussion and research. It welcomes organizations and research groups interested in studying sustainable development and related fields in a collaborative environment.
- Fellows: a group of Stanford faculty and researchers devoted to the research and implementation of sustainable development. Coming from a variety of disciplines, they bring deep and wide-ranging expertise to the center.
- Advisory Board: a group composed of our key opinion leaders (KOL), typically industry executives and experts who provide advice on the strategic direction of the center.
- Affiliates: members of this group engage in our multi-level membership program that provides select opportunities for knowledge access and sharing. This program fosters conceptualization and discussion of innovative business models and ideas among participating affiliates.
Opening ceremony of the Stanford-China Executive Leadership Program for Sustainable Development
and Global Competitiveness in Beijing China in March 2006.