We are now accepting applications for SIPP 2013.
Applications must be submitted online by clicking here. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. You should submit your application as soon as possible, because qualified applicants will be admitted only until all 60 spaces are filled.
When you submit your application to attend SIPP, you will be required to make a firm commitment online to pay all SIPP fees if you are accepted. Therefore, you should not submit an application until you are 100% certain that you can pay the required fees by the set deadlines and will attend SIPP if you are accepted. Please do not submit an application thinking that you will explore whether you can pay the fees after you find out whether you have been accepted. Submitting an application requires that you make the commitment to pay the fees if you are accepted.
When beginning to complete the online application, you must have the following information available:
- Mailing address, phone number, fax number, email address
- Undergraduate students: Undergraduate institution, undergraduate major, undergraduate GPA, expected date of graduation
- Graduate students: Institution, department, subfield, faculty adviser, degree working toward (MA/PhD), graduate GPA, maximum possible GPA, expected date of graduation
- Professionals: Current employer, current position, highest degree received, name of granting institution/department, faculty adviser
- A list of all courses you have taken that are relevant to political psychology
- Name, email address, and phone number of your reference (see below)
You will be asked to upload a Word or text file containing the following information:
- A list of titles, instructors, and institutions of all courses you have taken that are relevant to Political Psychology;
- A brief explanation why you are interested in Political Psychology;
- Your reasons for wanting to attend the Summer Institute in Political Psychology;
- A brief description of your research interests;
- A brief description of research project(s) you may be currently working on.
Please identify someone who is acquainted with your training, abilities, experience, research work to date and your current responsibilities and have them submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. This letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will not be considered complete until this letter is received.
Partially filled out applications can be accessed and completed by going back to the registration site and signing in with the participant’s last name and email address.
Completed applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, and
qualified applicants will be notified of acceptance decisions via email
as quickly as possible after their complete applications have been
received. Thus, slots for SIPP 2012 will fill up with qualified
applicants who apply most quickly after we begin to accept
applications. Once 60 people are accepted, no more applications
will be considered.
The notification email will provide each accepted participant with a link to take them back to the registration web site. Sign back in with your last name and email address. Please have your credit card handy to provide your financial information to pay the first half of fees due. This payment of the first half of your participation, housing, and meal fees guarantees your admission to SIPP 2013 and must be received within 14 days of your notification of acceptance. If the fee is not received within that time frame, your slot will be offered to another applicant. All payments are non-refundable.
The second half of the participation, housing, and meal fees will be due by May 31, 2013. In order to submit your second payment, you will use the link provided in the email confirming your first payment.
Stanford reserves the right to cancel SIPP 2013 and refund all fees paid if an insufficient number of people apply to participate.