Top 10 Reasons to Join the Ski Team:
- Have access to a sweet Tahoe cabin from December to May
- Get killer pro-form deals on top-notch equipment
- Excellent coaching that will help you improve no matter what level you are
- Race UC Berkeley, UC Davis and others
- The best luaus and middle school dance parties around
- Have a blast winter quarter while the rest of your friends study in the rain
- Get in shape with fall quarter dry-land training
- Free lift tickets on race days and a discounted season pass
- Carpool and transportation to Tahoe for frosh without cars
- Non-stop shenanigans year-round!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I need to do to join?
There are no try-outs. All you need to do is pay dues and fill out some forms and you will enjoy full-member privileges. The only other requirement is that you participate in fundraising activities.
Do I need racing experience?
Racing experience is not necessary. Our members range from those who have raced their whole lives to those who have only just begun. Our coaches will take your experience level and build upon it.
What is the competition like?
We race against schools like UC Berkeley, UC Davis, Sierra College, and Sierra Nevada College. There is competition for every level, from the European recruit skiers on the Sierra Nevada team to those who are racing for the first time.
Is training/racing mandatory?
No, participation in all events is voluntary but strongly encouraged. You can join the team and free ski if you wish, but many members to race. As long as you pay dues you enjoy full-membership benefits.
I snowboard – is there a place for me on the team?
All are welcome. Although there is no structured program for snowboarders, you get full use of the cabin and lift ticket deals. Partying and snowboarding are strictly allowed.
What is the time commitment like?
During the fall we hold dry-land training three days a week. In the winter, as might be expected, we spend a lot more time together. We start off with a winter training camp the last week of winter break. This is always a blast since you don’t have any work this week! After that we travel to Tahoe every weekend of the quarter. Your commitment can vary – some members choose to come up every weekend and others come up less frequently. We train on Fridays, for those of us who can avoid (or skip) Friday classes, and train or race on the weekends.
I have more questions, who should I contact?
Send an email to Ben Sumers at firstname.lastname@example.org